Port Lincoln accident

Guest asmol

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm , J200 . Appears to be a relatively soft landing , but interesting that strut appears to have collapsed ! Bob

Not a soft landing, a lot of downward force to collapse that wing.

• Agree 2

Doesn't say anything about engine failure in the report ...

Not in that report i referenced but it does in other reports.

Says the engine started loosing power, then made loud noises and stopped quickly. That's not running out of fuel last i looked.

Not in that report i referenced but it does in other reports.Says the engine started loosing power, then made loud noises and stopped quickly. That's not running out of fuel last i looked.

Better tighten the power back up then. big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

• Haha 6

Better tighten the power back up then. big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

But dazza I thought when you "let it loose" that was full power?022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

For eggs ample (059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif)

He took out his shiny new car and let it loose down the long straight.

• Like 1

You all know the deal,ask the cops, it's their theatre.

Cops don't care. They only investigate further if some one is killed and they need to make a coroners report. You've told us it was not the aircraft, not the engine. So tell us which of the following it was not: Wind, weather, fuel, bird strike, sun glare, medical issue, pilot error or other.

So once again the strength of a jabbawocky saves a pilots life

landing in a wheat field caused the front wheel to collapse and the wing to separate from the fuselage. Imagine the mess if it came down in trees!

• Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

I think most of us would have ended up up-side when landing into long vegetation. I say he made a bl**dy good landing and probably broke his wing strut though a very, very low speed stall and almost vertical, but flat, descent into the wheat.

• Agree 1

I think most of us would have ended up up-side when landing into long vegetation. I say he made a bl**dy good landing and probably broke his wing strut though a very, very low speed stall and almost vertical, but flat, descent into the wheat.

It depends on the vegetation.

But generally a wheat paddock is nice to land in and I would aim for a wheat paddock before I aimed for a pasture paddock, my reason for that is that a wheat paddock obviously has had a tractor and implement over it whereas a pasture paddock can look flat and level but can have a lot more ups and downs and hidden nasties. Yes wheat can hide nasties too but on average it is less likely. I landed in our wheat paddock yesterday, just for the fun of it:ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

So many folks who flaunt their ignorance it's a worry. I know of three aircraft that landed in wheat (or similar) fields and got wrecked. Two due to rocks and one due to a log. If a Jab went into trees it would do a lot better than most other aircraft. Jabs are know for their tough fuselage.

• Haha 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Hornet STOL vs J200...........I'll bet you wouldn't have landed a J200 in your wheat field by choice ever! I know I sure wouldn't! The J200 has the shorter wing that the 230/430 so is even less STOL(ish) that the J230 which IMHO is as close to STOL as say a C172 is.....

Also its just started Spring...so to most would a wheat paddock would look like a soccer field in need of a mow at this time of year I imagine

Guest Andys@coffs
So many folks who flaunt their ignorance it's a worry. I know of three aircraft that landed in wheat (or similar) fields and got wrecked. Two due to rocks and one due to a log. If a Jab went into trees it would do a lot better than most other aircraft. Jabs are know for their tough fuselage.

Ummm as a jab driver I'll take a wheat field every time over trees......I mean if I was able to guarantee between the trees then Ok....but no matter how well publicized the crashworthiness of a Jab I never want to run one head on into a tree trunk or major branch.......That choice is about survival and bugger the impacts to the aircraft.....