just landed

Guest jerabina

Guest jerabina

Hi all,

I just happened a across this site by accident, and thought it would be a good place to air my triumphs... as well as my tragedies.

I fly from bankstown, and got my GFPT flying a tecnam (low wing). Currently i`m struggling my way through navs (in an old warrior). I`ve been trying to get my nav solo 2 done for ages...weather has been the issue mostly, but must admit i`ve turned back once because of turbulance...am i the only scaredy cat,or has this happened to others??

;)

I am with C & H. Very well maintained planes and excellent rates. My first solo NAV would be to YORG in two weeks time. I fly on the weekends only. As with the first solo circuit and first area solo I am sure the first NAV will be scary.... :-)

Where did you go for your first solo NAV?

Guest jerabina

My first solo nav was to cessnock, and you`re right, it was scary. I was terrified of getting lost, but the airport ended up being where it was supposed to be (amazing!). The feeling of achievement afterwards was AWESOME.

My next solo nav, which i am doing this tuesday (weather permitting), will be ysbk- kat- oberon- cowra (land)- bathurst (land)- kat- ysbk.

Are you flying a cherokee to orange? if so, how old is it, and how much do you pay...if you don`t mind me asking.

Jerabina

Hi Jerabina - welcome, and congratulations on your decision not to succumb to 'pressonitis', and opting to turn back when uncomfortable. We are flying for pleasure, if it's not pleasure don't continue, there is no point.