Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

Yes I know what they are for in a general sense. But before I go drilling holes I would like to know where they go. My manual has no chapter on carpet or angles that go on top of it. A pic of some ones floor or a pic of the extract of the manual would be most helpful.Lyndon

I have not seen an instruction on the carpet and i have built six of them. Just separate all the parts and dry fit them where you can. some of those bits I've never figured out.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the pic you might have to cut the welds off start again don't want bend the tube you haven't got much to play with looks like it's the left side needs fixing

Filter issues. Bugger me my cheap filter was to long for fitting the exhaust. So I found a Short one off a Briggs and Stratton engine.

Hi Lyndon,

I had a leaking oil seal on my rotax uls 100 hp 0il filter housing and used a brigs and stratton oil filter to get home, worked ok and changed back to a rotax filter when I got home.

Worked for me.

Phil

I'm sure it would. Specs are specs. That filter fits a Rotax a Briggs and Stratton and a Kawasaki and about one hundred more engines. I'm not using a Briggs and Stratton filter. But a balwin filter that fits a Briggs and Stratton. It's not from repco but from one of the biggest filter suppliers in Australia .

I had it professionally welded. It's chrome molybdenum.. the welder thinks if its reasonable amount of load goes thru it it should be replaced. Because it's not as good as using new steel. Eg it has nicks. Grinding marks etc. I'm new to this ??? Has anyone had experience success or not welding and repairs on chrome molybdenum. I'm thinking not huge amount of load is transmitted thru it.

Lyndon

On my torque tube fitting on the rear cabin area where the reo plate is fitted with the nylon Bush ???.

In this place I found another reo angle in my kit that is not listed in my manual. Clearly an upgrade during manufacturing. Keeping in mind mine is an early planes about 2008 or 9 i believe. I do see on some buiks that in this area two angular pieces are on each side of the torque tube and run forward the rear of the cabin. I dont have these and guess it's a later upgrade. This area does have flex and would benefit from some further reinforcement. Any light that can be shed on this would be great.

Lyndon

Same guy who welded my torque tube drilled this hole.

Hi Lyndon

If you need to re drill to get the bolt orintation right you could check with Reg about internal chrome moly sleeving that end and welding or riverting the sleeve in place and re drilling correctly; as I have no exact knowledge of the part this may not be a option. (Just an idea you could check into.) Nothing worse than having something not right and it buggs you forever.

At the right moment I'd give the driller a bit of feedback - maybe suspend his hole drilling authority ;-) (your call.)

Good ways to drill holes are with a jig or in some instances the following can be a suitable method / way of drilling through tube - get a piece of paper and wrap it around the tube. Ensure the top side lines up when wrapped. Then where the wrap overlaps its self, mark the paper (thats the circumfrence. Next fold the piece of paper and fold in half and mark that point (This is half way round.) Now mark on the tube where one hole needs to be; place the paper end there, wrap the paper around the tube, line up the edges. Make sure the start end of the paper is on the first hole centre then mark the tube at the halfway mark. These two marks are now directly opposite each other and perpendicular.

First centre punch, then drill say a 2mm hole at each place (this stops drill wander) then work up to the hole size you need.

Hope that explains the process.

I enjoy your thread and it adds to the way of sharing info.

Best regards

Mike

• Agree 2