Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine cowl. Im setting this up. From what I see of the manual which is very confusing ...

I have to cut the lower to fit re the muffler.

Then the lower is attached by 1 zus on each side and 2 on the upper. So the lower cowl has six zus fasteners. Then the top is fastened to the lower cowl. Is this all that holds it on ???

Also my manual states a bracket bracket but its not clear where it goes. ( as per pic)

Any help would be great.

Thanks Lyndon

Message_1502181793749_2.jpg.12e274fd0219d3b26b4e8f975797a222.jpg

I have come to the end of my parts. But I can't find where these go. Any ideas ??? The straps with the part numbersThanks Lyndon

Looks like the straps that secure the fuel collector tank behind the seat bulkhead.

• Agree 1

P

Nope. Got them. I think they are something from another kit. I'm very pleased as apart from these I have used every part.Lyndon

Perhaps it is a rogue ICP Bingo part that fell into your plywood box at the factory?

I will check. Maybe they doubled up. They did double up on my door hingesLyndon

I suppose you don't mind the odd double up. What would be really annoying is if they missed putting components in your kit.

It's actually sandwiched between the outer flat "strips" and the inner flexed piece which includes the arm rest. The inner piece is riveted as a unit prior to installation. This acts as the spine which is attached last while everything else is clecoed. This allows all the other pieces to flex into the curved shape dictated by the inner "spine."

• Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need some info on the rocker switch to wire up the electric trim. On the switch I have 6 pins. The two center are common and switch to the outer up or lower. I have two white wires running to my trim motor. How do I wire this ????

Ray Allen suggest I power it up with the avionics to avoid start up spikes.

Any help please.

Lyndon

Has anyone done the trim with the ray Allen stick. My thoughts were to have the std dash one as well as one on my stick as I have bought the ray Allen set up. My issue is will this back feed my stick when I use the dash toggle. Is this an issue. Can I over come it or just use my stick and not wire the dash toggle.

Thoughts.

Thanks Lyndon

Hi Lyndon,

I'm looking at fitting the Ray Allen stick grip also but deleting the dash switch.

How much did you pay for the Ray Allen, and where did you get it from?

Cheers Phil

Has anyone done the trim with the ray Allen stick. My thoughts were to have the std dash one as well as one on my stick as I have bought the ray Allen set up. My issue is will this back feed my stick when I use the dash toggle. Is this an issue. Can I over come it or just use my stick and not wire the dash toggle.Thoughts.

Thanks Lyndon

Hi Lyndon. I have no practical experience with multiple trim switches, but:

Generally, where such switches are 'duplicated', some arrangement has to be made to avoid the situation where one switch is 'up' while the other is 'down'. That is to say, the switches are not normally just paralleled up: there's a bit more to it than that, and it requires more than just clever wiring.

It's probably easiest just to go with one trim switch.

Alternatively the club Tecnams here have duplicate trims on the sticks, and a selector switch on the panel that powers only one side or the other.

Yes in the USA. Both are in the neutral position unless held. I can feed the std switch while using my ray Allen as its terminals are not common when not in use. But the other way around. I just just don't know the ray Allen unit good enough. I will call them tonight.

Thanks Lyndon