Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be down at the hangar tomorrow hopefully welding and fitting the new exhaust system pipes. I will try to remember to take some pics of the gaps in mine. if Roger is at his hangar I can check his tailplane as it is off his plane for painting as he has sold it. I will check his. His model is a Classic though not a VG

I'm doing the alerons. The tip looks like it's done with a3 rivets. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Am I missing something or is it just a matter of getting some rivets. If so are these the only parts that require them so I know what quantity to get.

Lyndon

1445396679671-995821482.jpg.3bdec3976e90f909c2c0ca1308e49fc6.jpg

I'm doing the alerons. The tip looks like it's done with a3 rivets. Can't seem to find them anywhere. Am I missing something or is it just a matter of getting some rivets. If so are these the only parts that require them so I know what quantity to get.Lyndon

Hi Lyndon

There will be a small bag of a3 rivets in there somewhere, maybe in with the nuts and bolts, you will find them along with other bags of rivets- countersunk and large head black painted rivets. Go have a mummy look.

I usually just drill the holes out and use a4 rivets.

Cheers

Rick

No worries. Cup of tea and I will have another look. If not A 4 will be fine ???

I read and if I'm correct. The alerons are staggered 16 mm. Eg not in line when fitted to the wings ???

Lyndon

No worries. Cup of tea and I will have another look. If not A 4 will be fine ???I read and if I'm correct. The alerons are staggered 16 mm. Eg not in line when fitted to the wings ???

Lyndon

Yes, trailing edge is staggered- outer part is higher.

When you have the frames built just check the alignment of the hinge extrusions. I visited one guy in North Queensland just after he sheeted the flaperons and discovered one of the frames had had the hinges put on the wrong way round and the holes were on the back face instead of the side face. Time to unsheet it and drill them out. Best time is before you sheet it.

• Informative 1

Drilled later when assembled on wing with 18 +-1mm lower from outer aileron

Ah, finally a difference from the 701! I was reading the plans today on this as I'm working on the flaperons. 701 plans say inboard is 15-17 mm lower than outboard.

• Like 1