IAF signs with Pipistrel

fly_tornado

Great news, if we get enough of these types of deals the light end of the sport might really gain some credibility and possibly exonomies of scale as well...

CASA will have a hard time crapping on them if the ADF chooses them over GA aircraft lol

Very good idea,

A cool but really tiny $20Million makes a massive difference in pilots and affordable fun.

They just need to fast track the builds.

This is chump change even to our Airforce. Imagine how cool the airforce would be if anyone serving could get airtime, and lots of it.

All serviced and maintained by actual RAAF personnel and thus without a contractors artful bills. If the RAAF bought outright, self insures, cops the depreciation (hell they throw money money in BBQ's) and only charged for actual fuel and oil- bingo. You could get hours damn cheap, like $30 hour including service parts.

Naturally all actual service pilots and navigators get free hours. All big heavy pilots need to keep intouch with the basics of aviation. And having lots of pilots on staff makes everything better.

Imagine having a ground crew or avionics guy that also has 500hrs as PIC. Could make a much better airforce for bugger all cost.

And having RAAF personnel using the company bird for joy flights is great cheap PR.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

US$103 000 each. Not a bad economy of scale........

I just need 193 friends who will pay this price with me!

But let's throw in a bit more and make it the 100HP, hey fellas?

Wouldn't surprise me if they were getting close to AU$200 000 new in Aus.......so you would have "appreciation" straight off the mark......

Maybe I should try a crowd funded 20 mill worth and flog them for US$123 000 each....still a steal.

My dream...."A Virus at every airport across AUS".......lol

Makes sense , if the RAAF and ADF pilots had these for ab initio and to fall back on for recreational use they would sure retain some serious hand and feet skills when all the electronics get taken out by a new age weapon or IOS update

US$103 000 each. Not a bad economy of scale........I just need 193 friends who will pay this price with me!

But let's throw in a bit more and make it the 100HP, hey fellas?

Wouldn't surprise me if they were getting close to AU$200 000 new in Aus.......so you would have "appreciation" straight off the mark......

Maybe I should try a crowd funded 20 mill worth and flog them for US$123 000 each....still a steal.

My dream...."A Virus at every airport across AUS".......lol

I am in so 191 to go.

• Like 1