Beijing Aircraft Museum

bexrbetter

A friend of mine is at the Beijing Aircraft Museum at the moment sending me some pictures.

I have looked at it on Google Maps before and didn't think there was so much there to travel that distance, especially when there's quite a bit to see around Chengdu, but I was fooled, a lot of it is underground apparently and there's a lot, biggest in all of Asia too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NtFb6_N4jE

• Like 4

A friend of mine is at the Beijing Aircraft Museum at the moment sending me some pictures.I have looked at it on Google Maps before and didn't think there was so much there to travel that distance, especially when there's quite a bit to see around Chengdu, but I was fooled, a lot of it is underground apparently and there's a lot, biggest in all of Asia too.

Were there any examples of planes at the museum from before the government change in 1949?

Were there any examples of planes at the museum from before the government change in 1949?

I have never been there, I will ask my friend who's office is walking distance to have a look and I will now go there myself in due time.

I got a picture of myself sitting in a Chinese WW2 trainer somewhere, might not be actually Chinese though, it was the actual plane that Chiang Kai Shek was caught in when trying to escape Chongqing.

Yes! I was there around 5 years ago and there is a fair bit of pre-1949 stuff. There's a Spitfire, P51, Lavochkin La9, P40 and a fair bit more in the long underground tunnel. There are a few nice B29skis (Tu4 I think).

The museum is well worth the taxi ride out of central Beijing.

• Like 1