Folding Electric Bike

Thats the way I read it. Will carry >100kgs. The one I have weighs about 18kgs.

If you have a link for it, that might help a rag and tube pilot on a budget out. I think at half price I will still be walking.

I like the idea, actually I had looked at the solowheels and their Chinese derivatives but just couldn't justify the cost. You can get quite a few taxi rides for 1k. For someone with the money to spare or someone that would use it regularly it would be good but unfortunately my hobbies keep spare money to a minimum:crying:

This one 19kg empty. 95kg max person. 10.4AH, 36V lithium battery. What makes them light is the lithium battery. This costs. But not $2000.....

Folds very nicely. Quite compact.

It's actually 350w, But I won't tell if you won't!! Visibly no different to the 250w.

bike.jpg.7bd78e2cfc75eb60197796585a949582.jpg

This one 19kg empty. 95kg max person. 10.4AH, 36V lithium battery. What makes them light is the lithium battery. This costs. But not $2000.....Folds very nicely. Quite compact.

It's actually 350w, But I won't tell if you won't!! Visibly no different to the 250w.

[ATTACH=full]39128[/ATTACH]

That's about 1/2 a horsepower!

This is not registerable or legal on public roads/paths. 15.5kg empty weight. 9AH, 36V lithium battery LiFePO4.

Capacity to 120kg. 500w motor. Will do 20 to 40kmh. Disc brakes front/rear. Seat removes and front folds back.

scooter.JPG.e59e0dcc740328de0bb88e4680133ceb.JPG

I may have quickly mis-read, I thought 100kg was the tare of the rider.

Looks like I misread, I'm wrong again, hate that ! I carried a bike in my C172 years ago and was good at times.

Strida Replica. Less than 11Kg. 16" tyres. (And before anyone jumps on the counterfeit bandwagon, I believe the patents have expired)

Sorry, but it seems you need to click on the link on the screen to go to youtube to watch it.....nothing sinister I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0UDZH8njGE

1891810666_foldingtrailer.jpg.6520e6dee78e632ab6345e04ff46365f.jpg Because I live within 3k's of a couple of supermarkets, making it not sensible to fire-up the car to do the shopping, I bought a folding bicycle trailer similar to the one in the attached photo. I tow it with a non-folding non-electric bike. Allegedly it will handle up to 60kgs, but my weekly shop doesn't weigh that much!

The bits that don't fold, like the drawbar, could be awkward to store safely in the cabin of a smaller aircraft - if you're in a J230 you wouldn't even need to fold it!

Combining a folding bike with a folding trailer and a few 20 litre jerrycans could be an option at those fields without local fuel.

Mal

• Like 3

Put a remote steerable dolly wheel on the front of that trailer and an electric drive system linked back to an rc controller and you could sit in your plane and send it to the servo without leaving your plane:thumb up:

• Caution 1