FINALLY GOT MY RPL - CASA ARE not nice

DrZoos

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be able to get more info on this and will pass it on if I do. You people should join AOPA. They are your only hope of getting things changed. the only ones who can talk honestly and push for good outcomes for pilots. No one else cares. Nev

• 3 weeks later...

We are already a member of a 10,000 strong group... you would think RAA might want to apply some political heat on the MARAP issues... surely shutting down MARAP is in breach of the post Forsyth requirements on cASA and Skidmores 10 points

As a LAME I learned to dislike CASA intensely. It always seemed to me that it didn't matter how bad repairs or service to aircraft was, you were Ok so long as your paperwork was perfect. However, since having a heart attack in February 2014 and having the mandatory 6months grounding I really expected to have a lot of trouble with CASA. In reality they couldn't have been more helpful. Apart from the requirement for an annual class2 medical and a stress echocardiogram life went on as normal. For my own peace of mind I am quite happy with that, apart from the extra expense involved.

As Marco Rubio recently said (which also applies here): "we are a country that has a retirement system designed in the 30’s, higher education designed in the 50’s, poverty programs designed in the 60’s, energy policies from the 70’s, and nothing looks like it did five years ago. We have an outmoded, outdated government…and a big-government Left that is more interested in protecting the status quo than in modernizing our policies to address the challenges of the 21st Century.”

• Agree 3

As Marco Rubio recently said (which also applies here): "we are a country that has a retirement system designed in the 30’s, higher education designed in the 50’s, poverty programs designed in the 60’s, energy policies from the 70’s, and nothing looks like it did five years ago. We have an outmoded, outdated government…and a big-government Left that is more interested in protecting the status quo than in modernizing our policies to address the challenges of the 21st Century.”

I find this ironic from a right wing christian senator who basically thinks we should be teaching children to be stupid. Marco Rubio contradicts himself with every thing he says. The reason America is suffering is because of idiots like him. I mean this is the guy who is anti-abortion to the extent that he things it should be illegal for a woman to seek an abortion in the case of rape and incest.

the funny thing is GNu, the republicans are the party that want to take America back to the 1930s, they are against any sort of advance. Its no wonder they are falling behind the world in so many social metrics.

• Helpful 1

We get it pearo lefties are real smart and love to kill themselves a few babies! Mmmm, fresh baby!

I wonder why you need to launch into your little simmering issues, if you disagree with my post why not just say you think government is modern, works fine and we should have more of it?

• Like 1

I am going to get shot down for this.

Every time I have spoken to CASA I could not be more happy, they were courteous and would go out of there way to help me.

Even today I had to speak with CLARC and I didnt have the paperwork with me and he said he would call me back and right on the clock the phone rang and he fixed it up on the spot and sent the approval out an even gave me the tracking number.

Guess what.... Checked auspost and it was received by auspost an hour after I spoke with him.

We get it pearo lefties are real smart and love to kill themselves a few babies! Mmmm, fresh baby!I wonder why you need to launch into your little simmering issues, if you disagree with my post why not just say you think government is modern, works fine and we should have more of it?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy in your statement.

I am going to get shot down for this.Every time I have spoken to CASA I could not be more happy, they were courteous and would go out of there way to help me.

Even today I had to speak with CLARC and I didnt have the paperwork with me and he said he would call me back and right on the clock the phone rang and he fixed it up on the spot and sent the approval out an even gave me the tracking number.

Guess what.... Checked auspost and it was received by auspost an hour after I spoke with him.

CLARC are doing well..

I am still waiting for new ASIC 8 weeks on though.

CASA don't do the ASIC..I had my asic renewal in 8 days, your asic is a new application so will take longer and if you have a shady past could take a while.

Really? Everything about it says CASA. But there ya go.

Not a new application, did a renewal via the new website (aviation ID Australia).

Aviation ID do the asic on behalf of CASA.

Remember, you need to follow the link on the casa website otherwise if you do it direct on aviation id your not issued a casa asic but an aviation id one.

Casa one

http://www.aviationidaustralia.net.au/casaapplication.html

Aviation id one

http://www.aviationidaustralia.com.au/application.html

I followed the link on the CASA website. Might give them a call tomorrow and find out whats up. I did the renewal mid November based on the 6 week estimate provided on line. My old ASIC expired in December.

EDIT. I am stupid. I just read the automated email that says I have to print the application and post it...

Nope, I just thought the online application was exactly that. Read my ninja edit above

Ummmm you never got your photos done either?

Endorsed by a cop/jp?

ID sighted and validated?

You have to get new photos and endorsed and also get your medical and flight crew license endorsed etc etc.

Ummmm you never got your photos done either?Endorsed by a cop/jp?

ID sighted and validated?

Thats what happens when you dont read shit properly, assuming that they just printed a new one and sent it to you after doing appropriate criminal checks.

LOL...

Remember to send a copy of the medical to as they won't renew without a valid medical.

If it is a renewal you should already know this?

You always need new photos and information sent in, make sure you read the first page of the printout it tells you exactly what you need and you must di exactly that.

• Caution 1

Since when do we need a copy of a medical to get an ASIC? Or is that just a GA thing?

My ASIC expires this month, which reminds me I have the paperwork printed out I had better fill it in and go get some new pics and visit a jp.

It's a pity it is so complicated, wouldn't it be nice if it was as simple as turning up to an rms or casa office, having them verify you are you and have automatic renewals unless you have been naughty in the last 2 years. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to set up a more user friendly system which could actually save the system some money as well as keep people happier. IMO it is ridiculous having to fill the same paperwork out time after time.

Since when do we need a copy of a medical to get an ASIC? Or is that just a GA thing?

Q: If my medical certificate is not current, can I renew my ASIC with CASA?

Before issuing you an ASIC, CASA must be satisfied that you have an operational need to have an ASIC and it can be issued in accordance with CASA's approved ASIC Program. That means you need to have a CASA flight crew licence and a current medical. CASA will renew your ASIC if your medical is being renewed.

If you fly with one of the sport or recreational aviation associations such as Recreational Aviation Australia (RA-Aus), you should obtain your new or renewal ASIC from one of the other ASIC issuing bodies such as RA-Aus or Aviation ID Australia.

https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/your-asic-questions-answered