hi, I'm Debbie.

Guest debra stewart

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest debra stewart
Greetings DebI have at least 4 pair of f/glass m/wheel covers collecting dust in my hangar (legacy of years of 'superlighting') but can't establish what the larger ones might fit. There is a Gazelle hangared on the airfield but the co-owners are very sporadic in their attendance so I'll have to await their appearance in order to cross-reference what I've got against what you need. I'll let you know when it happens cheers Riley

Hi Riley, I measured the dimensions you gave me and I think those covers, spats, pants, whatever you want to call them, will fit.

How much do you want, first of all. Secondly, how would I get them here etc etc. Thought you might have some ideas. No hurry, especially with Christmas. I have been so busy this week getting pressies etc. Glad I'm finished.

Rough time of year for some !

Ok hopefully hear back from you soon, Bye for now, Debb

Walk a mile in another persons shoes and have empathy.

Yes, before you criticise a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes.

That way, when you criticise him, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.

Bruce

• Like 1

Hi Riley, I measured the dimensions you gave me and I think those covers, spats, pants, whatever you want to call them, will fit.How much do you want, first of all. Secondly, how would I get them here etc etc. Thought you might have some ideas. No hurry, especially with Christmas. I have been so busy this week getting pressies etc. Glad I'm finished.

Rough time of year for some !

Ok hopefully hear back from you soon, Bye for now, Debb

Greetings Debb

Given that you're not in a hurry, I suggest we wait a couple of weeks and I'll try to scare up the geezers w/ the Gazelle over the Xmas break and hopefully arrange to positively identify if anything that I have will properly suit your needs. Assuming something fits, I can only remember the purchase price of one pair which was $75 (plus postage) and that was at least ten years back and I can't remember which of the 4 pair it was! Once we establish what (if any) will fit, I'll send you a photo and we can take it from there. Enjoy your Christmas. cheers

Please don't take everything so literally Nev, One or two small tattoos depicting something nice are Ok. I certainly didn't mean tattoos from head to toe . Moderation in all things. I wouldn't have one, but I don't mind an unusual nice one on the right person. No need to be so black and white about life, I don't think Each to their own I guess, Debb

There you are Nev , you've been told , so get back in your box ! Daughter in law has a date tattooed on her foot . I was informed that it was the date she arrived at "base camp" during her trek somewhere . I wondered why she couldn't write it in a book somewhere . This is the penalty we pay for getting old I guess , obviously us oldies just don't understand . Have to say that I don't see many doctors or other professionals with tatts , maybe the they have some growing up to do also ! ..... Bob

• Helpful 1

Guest debra stewart
Yes, before you criticise a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes.That way, when you criticise him, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes.

Bruce

Ah, yes, I remember hearing that !!

Greetings DebbGiven that you're not in a hurry, I suggest we wait a couple of weeks and I'll try to scare up the geezers w/ the Gazelle over the Xmas break and hopefully arrange to positively identify if anything that I have will properly suit your needs. Assuming something fits, I can only remember the purchase price of one pair which was $75 (plus postage) and that was at least ten years back and I can't remember which of the 4 pair it was! Once we establish what (if any) will fit, I'll send you a photo and we can take it from there. Enjoy your Christmas. cheers

Greetings Debbie

Gained access to the Gazelle hangar over the w/end only to confirm that none of my spat sets will suit your needs. The closest pair was of correct length & height is workable but are at least 50mm too narrow. Maroon spat is Gazelle and the other one is my largest set. Sorry I couldn't do you any good. cheers

P1010177.JPG.f5e09838aee371463bdee3188d0d9eea.JPG

• Helpful 1

Guest debra stewart
Greetings DebbieGained access to the Gazelle hangar over the w/end only to confirm that none of my spat sets will suit your needs. The closest pair was of correct length & height is workable but are at least 50mm too narrow. Maroon spat is Gazelle and the other one is my largest set. Sorry I couldn't do you any good. cheers

Thankyou for trying Riley, much appreciated, Debb

I know a doctor, a lawyer, and a CEO all with tatts! It is now the 21st century !

Think you missed the joke, Marty asked the question "how many have you seen with there shirts off?"

Hence the joke "probably lots in his dream"

Guest debra stewart

To Riley re: spats which wont fit my gazelle. Yes, I have rung Rob in Qld. ( emailed) But he never gets back to me. I am on a very tight fixed income and cannot afford to keep ringing him so I rely on emails. I"ll keep trying on and off.

The airfield has had a clean-up of late so maybe I wont need them after all ! Here's hoping!

Fads pass. when you have tatts all over you it's hard to move to one that doesn't include having Tatts all over you. It used to mean you had graduated from Bluestone College.

Regarding spats, they can shed screws, crack and get mud in them and make the tyres hard to pump up because the valve is hard to get at..Nev

Guest debra stewart
Think you missed the joke, Marty asked the question "how many have you seen with there shirts off?"Hence the joke "probably lots in his dream"

Yeah I got the joke but what I think is happening is I'm not real good with this site yet and may be posting things in the wrong places at the wrong times or not reading things correctly. I am used to only using a computer for work . This is all pretty new to me and I struggle trying to find how to do things as I have no-one to ask. Never mind I will learn.

Anyway, tatts are the absolute very least of my concerns at present.

Everyone have a lovely Christmas and New Year and enjoy your flying. It is 33 down here in Launceston at present so it is quite hot for us. My plane, thankfully, doesn't seem to mind the heat so far.

Struggle on with your posting, great to hear from you as your doing fine. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you ! Hope you get to do plenty of flying.

I agree with Nev about spats, unless you use sealed runways always, they fill with mud and make checking tyre pressure difficult. Some aircraft with nose wheel spat handle better without spat due to rudder inputs in turns.

Guest debra stewart
Struggle on with your posting, great to hear from you as your doing fine. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you ! Hope you get to do plenty of flying. I agree with Nev about spats, unless you use sealed runways always, they fill with mud and make checking tyre pressure difficult. Some aircraft with nose wheel spat handle better without spat due to rudder inputs in turns.

Thanks for being patient. So many people just assume everyone knows everything about using computers. I know my own home stuff and work stuff but this is very new and so many things to look at and to learn.

Yes, I agree about spats. I have a small home made one on my nose wheel and it has been wonderful but I think I'll give the rear ones a miss. Too much trouble for little gain. And on a grass strip it is better to go "spatless" I think.

I am off this Friday for my first lesson in 5 weeks as it has been so windy here. I will go up in bad wind but the whole point for me is to enjoy my flying. We get winds down here that are dreadful and I will not put myself through that anymore. It is not fun and I have a weak stomach at the best of times. I CAN do it but choose to fly in no more than about 25 to 30 knots. Call me a coward that's fine ! ha ha.

Best wishes to all, debb

Guest debra stewart
Nar your not a coward, some people just can't handle rough and bumpy weather. Flying is all about the enjoyment.For me, the windier and bumpier the better as it puts your skill's to the test :)

Yes, I know some people like it but I feel I'm not in charge when the plane is buffeted every which way and I feel like all the control has been taken away from me. Thank god the gazelle handles everything, well!

It is so hot here at the moment that we are getting hardly any wind so that is one blessing. For about 3 months of the year you cant fly here, it is just too windy. It is easing quite considerably now though, so here's hoping for my lesson tomorrow. Then I'll worry about the heat ( on the plane)- never ending ! I'm a born worrier. I don't know how I ever got this far. My fear was so tremendous at first that I could not even imagine flying a plane let alone landing and yet here I am with almost 160 landings under my belt. Amazing really. I will only ever be a fair weather pilot but deep down I know that if anything happens I'll have my 5 second panic, then get to it and get myself home or down or whatever the case may be. I'm not a quitter and have a strong survival instinct. That is why I am happy to go along having lessons even though I know I am ready for solo ( physically). I enjoy the company of an instructor and there is no hurry for me, apart from the fact that I need help getting the plane back into the hangar. Maybe when the owner moves me next year I'll have to start thinking about going it alone, but by then I should be really comfortable. Better safe than sorry I reckon. And who cares anyway if I take 3 years to get my license, I certainly don't, its been great. Bye for now !

"Regarding spats, they can shed screws, crack and get mud in them and make the tyres hard to pump up because the valve is hard to get at..Nev"

What you say here is correct Nev, but from an appearance point of view they make a big difference, at least IMO.

At our speeds the performance angle is generally overstated but an aircraft with spats just "looks " the finished article. We all (or many at least) like our toys to look the part.

If paying for maintenance then they might not be worth the extra costs.

• Agree 1