Pilot dies in light aircraft crash south of Townsville

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bull , can you arrange for some pics of the general surroundings ,service ,people , tributes etc. to be posted here pls. ..... Bob

Also a scan of the booklet, unsure what there called in funerals.

• Agree 2

Yeah the official report that will be a fat help, news flash we don't get one!!

And IF Ross could wish for one thing out of this tragic accident, it would be to see a full report.

Ross and I discussed reports (or lack of) many times.

RIP Ross....

Mike

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 1

And IF Ross could wish for one thing out of this tragic accident, it would be to see a full report.Ross and I discussed reports (or lack of) many times.

RIP Ross....

Mike

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WINNER. ROSS WAS PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS.

• Agree 2

Bull , can you arrange for some pics of the general surroundings ,service ,people , tributes etc. to be posted here pls. ..... Bob

Will do and I,ll take several short videos as well,, I have a good camera and a big memory card so no problems. will post some on this site and videos if Ian lets me,maybe we should start a memorial thread to Ross with photos and videos of his life and the people he helped and met etc

• Like 2

There's plenty if such examples of ignorance. It an inquiry involving motorcycles it was stated that they would be safer if they didn't lean over on corners.A judge in a matter concerning the DH Drover, in a great display of genius said.

Er.... this Aircraft has three engines does it not?

Yes your honour.

Which side does it have two engines on? ,,,,,,? Nev

The outside.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Alan.

• Haha 1

possibly ??? organise one final fly over as a tribute as you all arrive or leave...

Sorry I cant do that as I have sold my little baby {and she did,nt have the range any way] and will be driving up in my 4 seater [suzuki alto ] lol

• Caution 1

I have started another thread called ,,Memorial photos of Maj, Millard aka Ross Millard. This thread is for photos I,ll take of his funeral and other photos that people can post who,s lives have been touched by him .And stories that you can post about Maj, and the times we all have had with him etc. Also humour as well because he would want that. cheers Bull

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3

I have started another thread called ,,Memorial photos of Maj, Millard aka Ross Millard. This thread is for photos I,ll take of his funeral and other photos that people can post who,s lives have been touched by him .And stories that you can post about Maj, and the times we all have had with him etc. Also humour as well because he would want that. cheers Bull

Great idea Bull, now please know one post any theorys of the accident or negative views of Ross, this is a memorial thread and not a thread of debate.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Great idea Bull, now please know one post any theorys of the accident or negative views of Ross, this is a memorial thread and not a thread of debate.

Thanks Robbo,

• Agree 1

Will do and I,ll take several short videos as well,, I have a good camera and a big memory card so no problems. will post some on this site and videos if Ian lets me,maybe we should start a memorial thread to Ross with photos and videos of his life and the people he helped and met etc

Thanks mate .... Bob

• Like 1

Okay where is it?

If there is one person who knew what he was doing (or at) in the environment we are in it would have to be Ross. Regardless of how he presented himself(Qualifications which he had etc ) he was an actively involved person, not just a commentator. Careful with repairs and maintenance and contributing with organisational requirements active flying and on the board for all you people working in the organisation for all of us. I will always support those who get involved with the RAAus. with all its faults and shortcomings it's ours,and they work for nothing for the advancement of RAAus I give Ross a high score in this area in the last few years . Nev

• Agree 13
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

Wish you lived in Aus mate I,d be over with a trailer to pick it up in a flash,I too do not like to see an aircraft "'rotting away'' and would have gladly got her flying again ,it is such a shame . oh well cheers mate and go outside and get a suntan , the weather is great ,..oops sorry forgot you live in England lol.......

Er,. . .thanks for the "Go and get a suntan" bit mate,. . .( swine ) . . . rather regrettably,. . .my epidermis does not "Tan" during exposure to UV,. . .it just goes salmon PINK, then shortly thereafter,. . . fiery red. . . . .then it splits and greeny ooze emanates from the cracks. . .( I always knew we had reptiles somewhere in our family tree. . .)

No Sunshine for a while now mate,. . . gets dark at 1600 hrs . . . overcast and drizzly during the day. . .avg. ambient 6 - 7 C. . . .

You can send your sympathy cards via 80Knots,. . who has my email addy. . . . .spare bottles of wine, etc also appreciated thanks.. . . .

( To 80Kts. . .sorry if you are deluged with cards mate,. . .just send em on with the message "Pay toll at other end" come to think of it,. . .I saw that tattoed on the front of a Thai girl a long time ago,. . .but I digress. . . .)

Once again ROSS. . . This is the wrong thread for humorous comments . . ., but I'm sure you'd understand . . . . life, the universe and everything. . . just goes on.

No disrespect to Ross's family intended nor implied.

Philip.

• Like 5

O'T I know ( ! ) but why is it ( got stopped an breath tested last week) that female police officers seem to be able to bend steel with their bare words ? ? ? funny that. . .

I just blew into the little device thingy she gave me,. . .and behaved myself. Wouldn' have wishe to go a couple of rounds with the boxing gloves on though,. . .she'd have ripped me gizzard out. . . she sounded . . .er,. . .vaguely Orstraylean too. . . . . weird. . . .

• Like 1

Amsol,

I have never seen anyone a ignorant and blatantly disrespectful as you. Your comments either mean three things.

1. You work for CASA.

2. You have a real dull life

3. You play a flight Sim to much.

I'm finding that ignore button to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Aw, come on folks you don't need a button to ignore people. If they are that terrible just pass their comment by, BUT you might just miss something unexpected, like a blast of wisdom, or an apology. The ignore button serves no purpose except to inform someone that you are going to "ignore" them as some kind of retribution. You are so bad that I'm going to do this to you, because I think you have insulted me somehow with what you have posted.. I am therefore going to subject you to the ultimate humiliation of setting it up for you to be ignored by me. Isn't that the supreme put down (insult) for a suppose insult. Aren't we being a little precious? Nev.

• Like 2
  • Agree 11

I agree Nev.

FT is a perfect example, he posts a lot of (IMO)nonsense that has me shake my head BUT occasionally he will post something quite interesting and I wouldn't want to miss those little goodies. (Don't mean to offend you FT, it is just how I see it and as we all know we all have our own biases!)

Surely most of us can ignore someone if they are posting useless stuff without using a button!

• Agree 8
  • Caution 1

Can we just put all this behind us and move on as we are all starting to drag it out, lets let bigons be bigons and focus on remembering Ross as a fellow aviator and contributor to this site and not someone who "may or may not have made an error in judgement".

I am sure all of us have made a mistake during our aviation career, I certainly have, just think if this was you, I am sure you would not like this stuff to be said about you.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Winner 1