Memorial Photo,s and Videos of Maj,Millard

bull

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should I ask?007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif bit of humour as I am sure Ross would love it :)

Rsi arthritis,and my only way I know how do this was to copy and paste each photo and go from each thread to thread .

All good mate :) just putting a bit of humour into the thread as it's sad looking at all the photos.

All good ,now people keep them coming ,from flyins bbq,s whatever as a tribute to our mate ,,,Maj,Millard...................................................

806362971_RossAlfNov2013.jpg.94b326546a1dfde6e35eb6fce3d704ab.jpg

Ross & I in November 2013,

Called him on approaching Townsville while travelling from Cairns to Brisbane in a hired motor home.

As soon as we pulled up out front he was out to greet us with a warm smile and a firm handshake for me and a peck on the cheek for my wife.

Made us feel so welcome for the 3 and a bit hours we spent with him in his home, only down side is we didn't get to meet Deb as she was over in the states at the time, I found him to be such a nice bloke we clicked there and then, had made a few calls to him over the years since meeting and he always had time for a yarn.

This is a photo and a memory I will treasure

RIP mate you will me missed

Alf

• Like 7

]

image-jpeg.39667David See ... Me the big Bloke .....and Major Millard ..with his old Lightwing cap ............

AUF Member true rag & tube .

I love our Taildraggers

This is of course my brothers photo Doug Evans, I,m not that big/fat yet lol........but getting there.....

• Like 1

There is going to be an awesome Lightwing on the market in due time I presume...

Win , what year was it that you flew to Temora with Ross ? That's when I first met him , and you of course . I am trying to locate some old pics and a date would help....... Bob

• Like 1

Hi Bull

I just found some images of Ross for your presentation.

In two you can see him inspecting his lightwing, before he did that he had cecked over another aircraft that had flown in and the carby rubbers had cracks and as luck had it he had some a fitted a new set which ensured safe flying for that aircraft. He also showed others there what to look for and what cracked carb rubbers looked like. He was always about talking aviation, and promoting / passing on good safe maintenance tips and methods. As we know he will be missed and flyins, on the forum and on the phone. The image is on his departure from Palmyra at Mackay when he called to visit my building of the Nynja. It was planned to get him up for a flight before xmas but now that can't happen; another image is when he took me for a flight around the Old Station area.

He was a great mate to have and know. Look forward to seeing the finished presentation.

Catch up soon.

Regards

Mike

Hi everyone, I,ll be going to Ross,s funeral and will be posting photos and video of the funeral for all to see, and I thought maybe people could post photo,s of the times they have met the Major, and other photo,s that may be revelant as a bit of a memorial to Maj,Millard aka Ross Millard cheers.

541220391_RosstaxingfordeparturefromPalmyraMackay.JPG.94fa45ce96030c5623928d55fd521776.JPG

419661785_RossandlightwingatHeatrowAug2013.JPG.6b3235e4d63850243727cc62feb7e45c.JPG

1856077009_RossDIsMissAdventureIIb.JPG.5b58dca9e5f4854a654e0ef7771a67a4.JPG

1806658821_RossDIsMissAdventureII.JPG.809497a71928e07e8c9804591f832ddd.JPG

698375256_RossflyingMay2013OldStationarea.JPG.06debc1ed1d215f1294483f0babd418a.JPG

1536973106_HavingacooldrinkwithRossafteraniceflightandtheflyingwasdonefortheday_15b8.jpg.7b03a41f9355736a059036171a631ce8.jpg

887507830_Rossdoingwhatheenjoys-Flying.JPG.352d4595dea9ce8551c3c23f2f1f527d.JPG

1829046952_OnfinalatOldStation2014.JPG.0306fe1f64fa005ccfd616baf4f6fc27.JPG

• Like 2

Hi BullI just found some images of Ross for your presentation.

In two you can see him inspecting his lightwing, before he did that he had cecked over another aircraft that had flown in and the carby rubbers had cracks and as luck had it he had some a fitted a new set which ensured safe flying for that aircraft. He also showed others there what to look for and what cracked carb rubbers looked like. He was always about talking aviation, and promoting / passing on good safe maintenance tips and methods. As we know he will be missed and flyins, on the forum and on the phone. The image is on his departure from Palmyra at Mackay when he called to visit my building of the Nynja. It was planned to get him up for a flight before xmas but now that can't happen; another image is when he took me for a flight around the Old Station area.

He was a great mate to have and know. Look forward to seeing the finished presentation.

Catch up soon.

Regards

Mike

Thanks mike I,m putting together a small photo display to run on a continuous replay slideshow on my laptop to put on a table at the wake/reception at the VicparkHotel at 4 pm thanks for those photo,s they are now in it thanks

• Like 1

Thanks mike I,m putting together a small photo display to run on a continuous replay sideshow on my laptop to put on a table at the wake/reception at the VicparkHotel at 4 pm thanks for those photo,s they are now in it thanks

Great Bull

I was searching for your phone number to let you know I posted them; next I was going to phone doug to pass on. Could you place Condolances from Myself and Sandy as I can not get there.

Best regards

Mike

Great BullI was searching for your phone number to let you know I posted them; next I was going to phone doug to pass on. Could you place Condolances from Myself and Sandy as I can not get there.

Best regards

Mike

Will do I,ll add your names to my card as well ok

If anyone else has photo,s I could use for the slideshow at the wake could you please post them on here and I,ll stay up till11.30 putting them on file ,cheers all thank you

Scott Evans

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Here he is at Rathmines Catalina Festival, Lake Macquarie, NSW, in Nov 2013. He's with David Isaac another forum friend. At the time Ross said he was becoming more and more interested in float planes.

P1030938.jpg.e655ea4a30cad29383961162bc0e2e5f.jpg

P1030942.jpg.c50e61a14499bc5756cb5719a37751d9.jpg

P1030940.jpg.064e01915b45b29461b55849d06cf1b9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Here he is at Rathmines Catalina Festival, Lake Macquarie, NSW, in Nov 2013. He's with David Isaac another forum friend. At the time Ross said he was becoming more and more interested in float planes.

[ATTACH=full]39788[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]39789[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]39790[/ATTACH]

Thanks garfly, I,ll add them in,hey do you know how I add from a memory stick to this thread when I,m finished in like a slideshow?

Hi Bull, I can't say as I do. I just know how to drag photos (that I've already made small enough) into the posting window on this site. I'm sure there are others here who'd know the best way to post a slide show here - possibly via url to another site where the show is hosted. All the best with it tomorrow. There'll be lots of us there in spirit.

Easiest way would be to import all the photos into windows live movie maker then change the transition effects and export it as a video file and upload to youtube or even into the media gallery here.

Easiest way would be to import all the photos into windows live movie maker then change the transition effects and export it as a video file and upload to youtube or even into the media gallery here.

Cheers Robbo ,I,ll try it thanks