October Magazine

Guest pelorus32

Have you received the October Magazine yet?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Have you received the October Magazine yet?

• Yes before 10 October
    • Yes between 10 and 16 October
    • Yes after 16 October
    • Not Yet

Guest pelorus32

Have you yet received your October magazine?

Neither I nor my daughter have received ours and this appears to be a continuing trend.

Regards

Mike

Got mine yesterday, used to be I got it 4th or 5th of the month, now its more like the middle of the month. Also I devour the thing in less than 48 hours, so of late I limit myself to a few pages a day and try to make it last a week or so.

On the first point I'm not sure but I suppose the recent RAA elections and executive changes might be an influence. Any RAA personnel feel inclined to respond?

On the second point I guess we only have ourselves to blame, all of us have stories to tell, unusual aircraft, exciting flights, even just the thrill of a single circuit can be a story the rest of us would be happy to share, so if you've got one why not submit it?

David

And before you ask, yes I am working on one of my own and who knows, if it's good enough, it might end up in print.

Hey, I got a good idea - who wants to write a story on how great these forums are and submit it to the magazine ;) - might get a few more forum members to help each other out :big_grin:

Guest Fred Bear

Got it yes and yes, some of it is lacking. Not totally the RAAs fault though. After all, it is our magazine and they are always encouraging us to contribute. I should not talk though as I have been one of the lazy ones that was supposed to contribute a few things here and there and could not have been bothered. Maybe I will find some time to get my donkey into gear on those boring helpdesk nightshifts and do something about it...:;)4:

Same like Ross. Oct 16th.

And I have to say that I always find it a useful & interesting read.

Everything in life could always be a bit better, but the quality of our Mag is pretty good, I reckon, and having just spent time as CEO of another national sporting organisation with a monthly magazine, I know what it costs and how much time it takes to produce such a publication.

And it seems to me that the ultimate quality of the content, other than the regular columns from the Execs & staff, depends on the contributions from the members.

Regards Geoff

No excuses from me. Lets see if next month it is back on track. It should be.

I am unsure though on the 'early in the month' delivery of the magazine. That may have been true before I started, though since I have been here, the requirement for the staff columns was to have them in to the editor by the end of the month. Generally, this would see the magazine at the printer by the 7th or 8th of the month, meaning a mail out from the distribution warehouse around the 12th of each month or so.

Chris

Mine arrived today - the 17th. Although I received my other copy about a week ago - other copy being the one that comes with the bill for the forum advert!

nop, this happens to me every time, I just keep on waiting. I'm looking for a new plane but any good one's in the for sale section would be gone and in their new home by the time I get to read about them.

Regards Terry

It's up to you to do the submitting Rob. They are more than happy to receive and publish them.

I still owe them a Mudgee Wings, Wheels and Wine write-up. They have contacted a few times to ask where it is, but I've been too busy/slack.

A story about the Camden Haven flyin would be awesome for the mag and this site. Anyone?

Ross

Unfortunately it can't come from me for political reasons

Politics? What politics? If I read the presidents report correctly this month, all is grand!

I have only just joined, so can't really comment on delivery times, but I have got it from the newsagent without fail by the 16th of each month for the last 6 months.

Has this been going on for months, or just started to happen over the last couple of months?

I use to be a subscription manager for the national safety council and I can tell you that production times slowed way down come election times, it would start 2 months prior to board elections and continue for at least another 2 months after elections, could be a reason for the delays.

-

Nudge