Hello, I'm Mike

Mikee

She does climb like a homesick angel. That comes in handy when flying in hot and high conditions off short rough strips as we have in some places here. Our home airfield is at 2000ft and one up only 30m or so is needed of the 2600m of tar available. She has a few mods, plastic inserts under the fabric on the leading edge, 100l tank, balloon tires on the main and some nifty instruments.

I do check the wing attachment points very carefully.

Hi Mike, I also add my welcome to our 'club'. Jabiru 3300 on a Bantam! That's a bl***y big big motor for such a light plane. How many times have you pulled the wings off it 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Errol from Global Aviation Products who imports the Slings is going to import from Sth Africa, their version of the Bantam. It is call something slightly different but it is based on the Bantam. Anyway, it is powered by the 3300 Camit. His demo should be here for the Evans Head flyin.

• Informative 1

Its called a Bathawk, nice bit of kit, slightly heavier in construction than the Bantam but design wise much the same. It has a different pod shape and less dihedral. Its in a different license class here as its heavier. Well worth having a look at the demo.

www.bathawk.co.za/

Welcome Mike, the bathawk /bantams sure look like a lot of fun. Plenty of practical applications too in the conservation space. The Cam IT mods on the Bathawk Jab Engine is a plus.

Micro Aviation SA have distanced themselves from the Jabiru motors. A few of the early Bat Hawks had Jabiru 3300 motors installed and I believe some of these have been changed out with Cam IT motors.

G'day Mike.

Those things get off the ground pretty well with a 2 stroke rotax and the plane in my avatar has a Jab 2200, so yours must go up like a lift.

Welcome to the group. I have been near Swaziland. Years ago I visited a National Park in SA just about on the Swaziland border. got to see a Leopard stalking Impala. I also got a flat tyre from one of those masssive thorn trees, wouldn't want them near an airstrip.

I lived in Nelspruit for a few Years which is where I think the Bantam dealer is/was. Saw the yellow Bantam with the six cyl Jab a few times at the Lowveld aero club, although he did have his own private strip outside Nelspruit I think. Never got a chance to go for a flip but they've always appealed to me.