engine inhibitor

Russ

Wet season this way is about to begin, and we will probably head off several times, here n there. My question.........is there a proven product to spray into running engine via carburettor that will protect the bores etc, at shutdown.

russ

Che

Wet season this way is about to begin, and we will probably head off several times, here n there. My question.........is there a proven product to spray into running engine via carburettor that will protect the bores etc, at shutdown.russ

Check the CAMIT site

I have no expertise, but before shutdown I have been squirting 2t oil via an injector tube just downstream of the carby. How much to inject? I just run it hard (tethered to something solid) until lots of blue smoke belches out.

Following recent advice from this forum I have switched to marine 2t. Trouble is, it's smokeless, so you have to guess when to stop squirting.

I'd be a little careful injecting things into a running motor. Some ordinary oils would lower the octane so much it may just want to diesel and run on. Good two stroke oils don't lower octane and the marine ones often have more corrosion inhibitors..Nev