Recreational aircraft with folding wings

scre80

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wouldn't tow it around Australia only live 10 min from Echuca airport, biggest problem with towing it is all the people looking as they go past, nearly causes accidents. Have altered the trailer since that picture made the deck a lot lower and better ramps.

No Mike I haven't got the brace but wouldn't mind some cheers Keith.

No wouldn't tow it around Australia only live 10 min from Echuca airport, biggest problem with towing it is all the people looking as they go past, nearly causes accidents. Have altered the trailer since that picture made the deck a lot lower and better ramps.No Mike I haven't got the brace but wouldn't mind some cheers Keith.

Hi Keith Your welcome to have my set for $40 if you can get them picked up or frieghted.

You should at least get a set made as they provide great support to the wing against movement; as that end of the wing is only supported by the trailing edge bolt.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike would you be able to send me some photos of where they attach to thanks Keith.

Hi Keith The leading edge attachment is a verticle tube welded to the support that goes inside the tube and is held in place with the wing pin. (It's the same method as how the wing is attached when swung into position.) The bottom is similar and attaches to the attachment point where the strut ends are bolted.

Cheers

Mike

In the original post you have written rotex engine. Which we assume means Rotax or do you mean The Rotec radial ?

I was wondering that myself. Presumably Rotax was intended as they're more common than the Rotec.

I have been corresponding with Groppo regarding their Trial with looking at distributing here but the costs would be prohibitive at the rates they would give me as a distributor. You can get a Savannah kit here for around $14,000 less. A lot of work to do on the kit as well but the folding wing mech looks really good and well designed.

• Informative 1

My aircraft is still for sale.

Would consider an offer less than $20 000.

I still need to paint the cowling and wheel spats. I have the paint and pin stripes to finish it off and I may get around to it when I have time.

I am Sadly about to bring it home from the airport as my second plane now resides in the hangar. Wings fold easily by one, 80kt cruise, 90 L fuel tanks @15 l/ hour.

Yours for the taking.

-Brett

638898724_aeropuppic.jpg.c7c108ea3db201db3ddade87d3da13d4.jpg

20150803_132042_renamed_6393.jpg.d5a67d814ff53542c134014a361fff83.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My aircraft is still for sale.Would consider an offer less than $20 000.

I still need to paint the cowling and wheel spats. I have the paint and pin stripes to finish it off and I may get around to it when I have time.

I am Sadly about to bring it home from the airport as my second plane now resides in the hangar. Wings fold easily by one, 80kt cruise, 90 L fuel tanks @15 l/ hour.

Yours for the taking.

-Brett

Some more details would be great Brett.

THanks

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/aeropup-for-sale.139813/

It's been for sale on this web site and in the RAA magazine.

It has an Aerovee engine and ironically the same engine I have bought and built for my new plane. I have about 75 hours on it now but in between trying to finalise and rego the new Sonex, throw in Christmas, I just don't have time to fly it.

-Brett

• Agree 1