Tiger Moth Crash on Gold Coast

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I don't think so. It from the Gold Coast Tiger moth joy flight mob at Pimpama. They re opened with change of ownership after the last fatal at Stradbroke a while ago.

Aircraft is registered to Bennett Aviation at Cardiff, NSW.

Paul Bennett flys from Lake Macquarie and Newcastle not far from Cardiff.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Aircraft is registered to Bennett Aviation at Cardiff, NSW.Paul Bennett flys from Lake Macquarie and Newcastle not far from Cardiff.

Then tiger moth joy flights must hire it off Paul or something like that. Paul has business interests up here with Tiger Moth Joyflights. I have Paul on face book and nothing has been mentioned.

Ryan Campbell is Pauls operations manager up here with Tiger Moth Joyflights and their pilot.

Young pilot.... Not making assumptions but those Tiger Moths can be like a teenager to control and you need a good amount of time on them to get the "knack"Dazza.... Hope it wasn't Ryan he would be around 21 wouldn't he?

Edit: Website suspended http://www.tigermothjoyrides.com.au

I think do Robbo, it wasnt long ago when Ryan flew around the world in the cirrus so I guessing he is still quite young.

I have know idea who actually was flying the Moth today it maybe Ryan or maybe sonebody else. As mentioned above, it is pretty windy here today but whether that had any bearing on the accident , we will have to wait to find out during the investigation.

Just saw the video shot on news 24 they showed the pilot being loaded into the ambulance ...it looked like Ryan I am afraid. Earlier reports said they were going on beach spotting patrol but not sure if it was a joyflight or not

http://web.archive.org/web/20150905060753/http://www.tigermothjoyrides.com.au/ If you want to see their website, they have also taken down Facebook.It really says something when they take down the website and facebook before the injured even make it to hospital. Something i dont really understand ?

Well they don't have a tiger moth anymore so they need to shut it down so people don't buy vouchers.

• Informative 1

Just saw the video shot on news 24 they showed the pilot being loaded into the ambulance ...it looked like Ryan I am afraid. Earlier reports said they were going on beach spotting patrol but not sure if it was a joyflight or not

I too read the beach patrol comment. I would have thought a Tiger would not be the ideal plane for that. The spotter in the front would have wings in the way for spotting anything directly below. Most reports are saying it was a joy flight with the daughter of the passenger watching. That is the type of operation this Tiger normally takes part in. Lets hope the media stick to the facts.