EFB - iPad Air vs Mini

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it totally depends on how much space you have.

I use the full size but I have side by side seating so I either have it sitting on the other seat or I get my pax to hold it, so no real space issues. I did originally purchase a knee dock for it but only used it the once as I found it hindered the use of the stick in some situations. Maybe a mini would be perfect for that though especially in a single or tandem seat machine.

I enjoy the big screen but comfort/swingability is definately important.

• Like 1

Speaking of docks, anyone recommend a good yoke mount?

I keep the ipad in an otterbox defender case and would prefer to keep it in that so would need a mount that would hold that.

Isn't that rediculously typical. Screen size does matter now, it has to be APPROXIMATELY 200 mm some manufacturers may vary (I'm typing from memory as I was too lazy to copy and paste!) if it is to be used as an ebb it should be of a SUITABLE size!?

Ok I take some of this back, I thought it was a new rule to clear up the flexibility in the rules. I guess we should be grateful that there is some flexibility there, it is just in this day and age when a law seems to be open to interpretation you always worry that they will interpret differently to what you think.

I use an Ipad air on a knee board. I take the knee board off for landing/takeoff and sit it on the pax seat. If I have a pax, part of the briefing is to hold the knee board against their chest not flat on the knees as that can restrict movement of the controls. I explain why it is important. On other occasions I just rotate the knee board so the ipad is sitting on the thigh but to one side out of the way.

I'm looking at getting the ipad mini 2 cell wifi with 32GB. Any known pros or cons?Thanks

Mike

You will need cellular to be of much use, as far as I know the wifi doesn't have a GPS.

I use the mini, found the standard size too big for a drifter cockpit, mini screen is almost as big anyway.

You will need cellular to be of much use, as far as I know the wifi doesn't have a GPS.I use the mini, found the standard size too big for a drifter cockpit, mini screen is almost as big anyway.

Hi M61A1 Agree the ozrunway people advise that must be cellular to have the gps. I have room for the mini. (No room for full size.)

Regards

Mike

Hi M61A1 Agree the ozrunway people advise that must be cellular to have the gps. I have room for the mini. (No room for full size.)Regards

Mike

Sorry...re-read your post. read it the first time as just wifi.