Austrlia Day Lamb Add

Rotorwork

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will be the only ones complaining, all the feedback I've heard has been very positive. I thought it was a cracker, but then again I'm not averse to the idea of poking a bit of fun at some vegans:whistling:

• Like 4

Fantastic!

We used to have humour like that in the UK until the dark times of everyone getting offended by anything possible.

I had a similar expression on my face of "Vegan!?!?" when a tea total Aussie joined my old rugby club 046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif

Racist and violent, fair dinkum this country is going bonkers. What happened to being aloud to have a joke and poke some good natured fun at each other without being strung up as a mob of violent racist bigots!

It is good to see that nearly three quarters of the people that voted on that page loved it, maybe not all is lost.

• Like 1

I gave up eating FAT LAMB years ago, but I think the ad is an inspired work. We should always love satire. It doesn't say lamb is good for you. It does have a strong smell and not appealing to many who aren't used to it. Boil it in a kero tin and the blowflies will come from 20 miles away. Nev

To me it is a brilliant ad, although I do not prefer lamb. But is good humoured and takes the piss in the best Aussie tradition.

The best bit is Lee Lin Chen, about time she was celebrated as a great Aussie- you don't have to be a pale face(or indigineous) to be ocker Aussie.

Well done and more please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Robbo, don't believe a bit of it. Was it the truth or did you read it in the Herald -Sun?

I tried Kale once and now I am back to Iceberg Lettuce. It would be good if they did incinerate Kale and all those fake lettuces.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

apparently the use of the word Boomerang in the add has been deemed racist! seriously, WTF? the whinging in this country makes me hate the place sometimes..

Not racist... Cultural Misappropriation. It's a thing.

i thought to word boomerang, was to describe something returning.. i know the word was originally an aboriginal word, but in Australian modern culture, its still a word to describe something coming back. are we to stop using words that are french, german, Italian etc to not fall foul of cultural misappropriation?

• Agree 3

To my way of thinking, these lamb ads produced for Australia Day are beginning to become traditional. I was looking for Sam in the ad. I wonder why he's not there.

I suppose, too, that it's a bad thing that $22M was deposited in our Economy?

OME

i thought to word boomerang, was to describe something returning.. i know the word was originally an aboriginal word

Still is an Aboriginal word. Always was...always will be. And that is Australian....although I reckon that is not what the Aboriginals called this land. I imagine they just called it home in whatever dialect they spoke. For me this is the sort of stuff that comes to mind on Australia Day...the past and it's ills. Personally until we can all celebrate it without a significant number of our first Australians feeling sick with pain and hurt I choose not to in solidarity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1