Austrlia Day Lamb Add

Rotorwork

apparently the use of the word Boomerang in the add has been deemed racist! seriously, WTF? the whinging in this country makes me hate the place sometimes..

Are you chucking school leavers into university to drop unemployment figures too? We did this in the UK and have ended up with thousands, possibly millions, of sociology graduates whose degree description is "learn to be professionally offended".

The trouble is that they command a lot of attention due to the noise they make 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are entitled to be vegan. It's their choice and nobody else's business actually. If it's un-australian to not eat lamb . what else is going to be deemed un australian in the future, to promote something ? Nev

The basic problem with the ad is that it fails to make you want to buy some lamb or even thinking positively towards lamb. The advertising agency will claim all the media and social media coverage means it was a success but its a dud.

deadpigcameron.jpg.a26c0df076efbca057b5a2c40c7d5d32.jpg

People are entitled to be vegan. It's their choice and nobody else's business actually. If it's un-australian to not eat lamb . what else is going to be deemed un australian in the future, to promote something ? Nev

That's true, but I think it's a step too far to be "offended" by the ad. The whole ad is deliberately over the top, the flamethrower in the vegan's apartment is just part of the whole thing. It's riding the line of satire in order to get laughs (and probably, as FT suggested, deliberately seeking controversy to get wider exposure). To get hung up on the vegan thing or the boomerang thing instead of having a laugh and moving on seems to be a waste of time and energy. It's well shot, got a few recognisable heads, and does its job. If I have to see ads, I'd rather see something like this than poorly acted vacuum cleaner/life insurance/supermarket etc ads.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

I'm NOT a Vegan incidentally. Don't sell these ad people short. They are there to affect how you think and to sell a product that may or may not be a good one, and they use every bit of cleverness/psychology, they can avail themselves with. I would warn about making fun of any group, if that is part of the design. Not a healthy way to do things. Nev

• Agree 1

I'm NOT a Vegan incidentally. Don't sell these ad people short. They are there to affect how you think and to sell a product that may or may not be a good one, and they use every bit of cleverness/psychology, they can avail themselves with. I would warn about making fun of any group, if that is part of the design. Not a healthy way to do things. Nev

Actually a send up of UK/Europe where meat prices (and rent) are sky high forcing people to ditch meat from their diets. The vegan touch might also reflect on the high cost of any animal protein including cheeses. They turn into latterday Goldwing riders, such is their despair (and have probably descended into Apple users as well. Pity, most are actually nice people.

• Haha 2

We know you poms love a nice moist pig's head 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Was sadly untrue. As much as I dislike Cameron, it was a lie that has found 'truth' with the far left who are rarely concerned with facts. Produced some fantastic pictures though!

Actually a send up of UK/Europe where meat prices (and rent) are sky high forcing people to ditch meat from their diets. The vegan touch might also reflect on the high cost of any animal protein including cheeses. They turn into latterday Goldwing riders, such is their despair (and have probably descended into Apple users as well. Pity, most are actually nice people.

I think meat in Oz was about 2/3s the price of that in the UK 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

If the ad producers really wanted to be controversial, they could do a send up of liberating sheep from sexual slavery in New Zealand. Ended with a brash Aussie at his bbq saying "That's how you spit roast a lamb......filthy kiwis" 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think meat in Oz was about 2/3s the price of that in the UK 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gifIf the ad producers really wanted to be controversial, they could do a send up of liberating sheep from sexual slavery in New Zealand. Ended with a brash Aussie at his bbq saying "That's how you spit roast a lamb......filthy kiwis" 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Next years add in the making lol

Because what could be more Australian than halal lamb?No thanks.

Standard method of slaughter in Australia: Animal stunned and then bled out while unconscious.

Halal method of slaughter in Australia: Animal stunned and then bled out while unconscious.

Yep, I can see the taste would be totally different....

Racist and violent, fair dinkum this country is going bonkers. What happened to being aloud to have a joke and poke some good natured fun at each other without being strung up as a mob of violent racist bigots!.

Of course!

That's great, and despite being a Pom from decades ago, I must have showered today, because my towel is still damp.(unless it was caused by the inclement weather we've been having of late)111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

Yesterday I heard that approximately 300 complaints had been made specifically relating to the vegan scene in the ad.

(300/23130000) x 100/1 = 3/2313 = 0.0013% of the population (2013 count)

I respect their right to voice a minority dietary choice but sheep meat production in 2014-15 was estimated to be worth 3.2 billion dollars. How much did veganism contribute to GDP?

OME

MLA_Sheep-Fast-Facts-2015 (1).pdf

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Yep...I know a lot of vegans..and they all look sickly and way too white and usually way too skinny.... Then that is their choice not mine...but what I like in comedy is also my choice...and the latest lamb add I thought has probably been the best done yet. The vegan bit I nearly fell off my chair PMSL

• Agree 2

OME whats GDP and profit from meat sales got to do with veganism? We make a profit out of wood chips but it doesn't pay for the damage done even. Some people profit from selling cigarettes knowing that it kills people and sell water for more than the price of petrol. Nev