Taildragger Heaven

BJFly

Thanks Bruce - as it happens I had read your posts on the ETLB forum and actually replied at one stage (Jetranger). You really have made an effort to reduce drag and I imagine you will have a very good cruise speed as a result. The MZ202 is a great little engine - my 503 came with the partly-built aircraft so stuck with that, but it should do the job ok. I will certainly be copying many of your drag-reducing mods - looks like you have very good fiberglassing skills.

Loved your rant about your licensing problems - our CAA here in NZ can be frustrating enough to deal with at times, but nothing like CASA or the Brit authorities.

Cheers

Graeme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah - Jetranger. Yes, I've been reading your posts on ETLB. Didn't realise it was you - that's the trouble with those of us (like, me!) who have different user names on different forums (fora?).

Good luck with your HiMax. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the build. I miss my time in the shed. And my wife keeps finding boring house-type jobs now that apparently urgently need doing. . .

The Courier and an Airbike dropped into "Owen's International" for a brew. Nice landing area near the house. One way because of powerlines, and a bit of a slope across the strip which takes a bit of getting used to!

IMG_2903.JPG.9fceadac0e74cda050fd5e41b013aca9.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG.0c97df9d1186184bd0b430b166ee8359.JPG

IMG_2905.JPG.76c87c65b2f36d09ab8ade0a8c335f6e.JPG

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is an automated go around system Frank, on a hard landing the wings will flap generating more lift to give you extra time to apply power.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Although I suppose really it would actually work more as an anti bounce system as when the wheels hit hard the wing would tilt up losing lift and hence avoiding the bounce:blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1

It is an automated go around system Frank, on a hard landing the wings will flap generating more lift to give you extra time to apply power.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gifAlthough I suppose really it would actually work more as an anti bounce system as when the wheels hit hard the wing would tilt up losing lift and hence avoiding the bounce:blush:

No good for me, the way I bounce around the paddocks I'll take all the suspension I can get!

• Like 2

New solar farm site me thinks :)

Haven't heard much detail on the solar farm but yeh I think it's in the same area. We'll have to be careful once the solar farm is built or We might end up like "Icarus".

If your free on the 18/19 Mar come on up for the BFDU Sugar Country Muster. I was hoping we might be able to use your strip for a local tour.

• Helpful 1

Yes no problem at all just watch the cattle thats all. Although Eric maybe back there by then anyway. I hope to be going as well and taking the Mrs so no doubt will be flying to the farm as well anyway. Just remember 350 mts MAX and powerlines on the southern end but they do have red balls on them

Yes no problem at all just watch the cattle thats all. Although Eric maybe back there by then anyway. I hope to be going as well and taking the Mrs so no doubt will be flying to the farm as well anyway. Just remember 350 mts MAX and powerlines on the southern end but they do have red balls on them

Thanks, I'll get in touch closer to the date.