Recording Cockpit Audio

Precog

Great video Scott and your sound recording works very well.

I was curious about your inbound call "10nm South-West"and wondering if you would actually have been SE. Not being picky as your radio calls are exemplary - just curious. We were having a discussion on this on another thread here recently.

Great video Scott and your sound recording works very well.I was curious about your inbound call "10nm South-West"and wondering if you would actually have been SE. Not being picky as your radio calls are exemplary - just curious. We were having a discussion on this on another thread here recently.

Don:

In the video posted above(return fro Evans Head) , I approached Watts Bridge via Gatton and Esk, which is from the South West. But you had me going for a bit there. I had to go and check my track to make sure.

I should also make it plain to all that my wing cameras are mounted with the stick on go pro mounts for which I have written factory approval. If you have a GA or LSA aircraft, you MUST have written authority to make any kind of mods and mounting gopros with stick on mounts counts as modifications.

BTW, If you're our RAA Don, it was good to see you at the meetings at GEFI. I would have liked to chat with you some more, but didn't get the chance.

• Like 1

Don:In the video posted above(return fro Evans Head) , I approached Watts Bridge via Gatton and Esk, which is from the South West. But you had me going for a bit there. I had to go and check my track to make sure.

I should also make it plain to all that my wing cameras are mounted with the stick on go pro mounts for which I have written factory approval. If you have a GA or LSA aircraft, you MUST have written authority to make any kind of mods and mounting gopros with stick on mounts counts as modifications.

BTW, If you're our RAA Don, it was good to see you at the meetings at GEFI. I would have liked to chat with you some more, but didn't get the chance.

Scott, As all your other radio calls were so good - I am envious - I was surprised that you might have made an error in the inbound call. I was thinking a straight track from Evans Head to Gatton via Kyogle would have put you SE - clearly an incorrect assumption.

Yes, that is me behind the dark glasses sitting in my Sling. It is a pity we couldn't have had a chat at Evans Head, I would have liked that very much.

Scott, As all your other radio calls were so good - I am envious - I was surprised that you might have made an error in the inbound call. I was thinking a straight track from Evans Head to Gatton via Kyogle would have put you SE - clearly an incorrect assumption.Yes, that is me behind the dark glasses sitting in my Sling. It is a pity we couldn't have had a chat at Evans Head, I would have liked that very much.

Don:

Had I gone up through the alleyway between Amberley and Archerfield it would have been shorter and then I would have been approaching from SE. I have never flown that route though and the narrowness of the clearance there coupled with the uncertainty of what to do about crossing the VFR lane into Archerfield deters me. Someday I will get someone to go through there with me and show me where to go there and what to do.

• Like 1