~ Greetings from Jindabyne! ~

Augustine

Good day gentlemen,

My name is Augustine and I am from the Commonwealth of Australia. I’m originally from Randwick, Sydney however I am taking the H.S.C. this upcoming academic year in Jindabyne where I am currently residing. I have recently become an aviation enthusiast as I have the opportunity to study aviation through my school. I also have a few family members in administrative and operational positions in various airlines whom have encouraged me to pursue it.

In regards to aviation, I am currently studying to complete the B.A.K. (Basic Aeronautical Knowledge) course and have intentions to achieve a RA-Aus Pilot Certificate which I could convert to a P.P.L. So far, I have had my T.I.F. which was a phenomenal experience for me! I am looking forward to resume my training once I return to Australia.

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to meeting you all.

Augustine

• Like 2

Welcome Augustine,

I to have just recently had my TIF, I will be also commencing flying lessons with the goal of achieving a RA-Aus Pilot Certificate very soon, so good luck to you as well

Cheers, Brent

• Like 2

Welcome Augustine,I to have just recently had my TIF, I will be also commencing flying lessons with the goal of achieving a RA-Aus Pilot Certificate very soon, so good luck to you as well

Cheers, Brent

That sounds wonderful, all the best with your flight training. Which aircraft will you be practicing with?

I had my TIF in a Evektor SportStar, but will doing all future lessons in a Tecnam P92 Eaglet, first lesson "Effects of Controls" at 07am on Monday the 15th of Feb and the goal is to then complete future lessons on a fortnightly basis thereafter, weather, finances permitting

My Flying School: http://www.fly-now-redcliffe.com/

Cheers, Brent

I had my TIF in a Evektor SportStar, but will doing all future lessons in a Tecnam P92 Eaglet, first lesson "Effects of Controls" at 07am on Monday the 15th of Feb and the goal is to then complete future lessons on a fortnightly basis thereafter, weather, finances permittingMy Flying School: http://www.fly-now-redcliffe.com/

Cheers, Brent

Amazing! Tell me how it goes for you. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I am from the Commonwealth of Australia. I’m originally from Randwick, Sydney however I am taking the H.S.C. this upcoming academic year in Jindabyne where I am currently residing.

I am looking forward to resume my training once I return to Australia.

I may be mistaken but isn't Jindabyne in New South Wales? I have never heard someone say there from "The Commonwealth of Australia"

Hmmmm I could be mistaken but 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

I may be mistaken but isn't Jindabyne in New South Wales? I have never heard someone say there from "The Commonwealth of Australia"Hmmmm I could be mistaken but 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Yes! Jindabyne is in the southernmost area of New South Wales. Have you not? I've been an expatriate all my life (my family are in the aviation industry). But yes, upon living in Jindabyne for a few months, I have found there is an ingrained informality in Australian culture which I am still getting used to. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

I am currently flying with Alpine Aviation Australia.

Ahhh all good :)

You just said your studying at Jindabyne where you reside but you are going to resume flying when you return to Australia, so was not sure what you were meaning.

All good, I take it you have emigrated to Australia?

Please excuse me if I am wrong ;)

Ahhh all good :)You just said your studying at Jindabyne where you reside but you are going to resume flying when you return to Australia, so was not sure what you were meaning.

All good, I take it you have emigrated to Australia?

Please excuse me if I am wrong ;)

Yes, I'm currently on vacation. Sorry about that! 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

You'd be partly correct. My father is from the United States but I was born in Australia. Although I'm entitled to an American passport I only have an Australian passport. Regardless, I have full European heritage.

That explains it :)

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, I gotta throw that tin foil hat out.

Good luck with your training, but I must warn you flying is very addictive and it loves to eat money.

• Agree 2

That explains it :)Sorry for jumping to conclusions, I gotta throw that tin foil hat out.

Good luck with your training, but I must warn you flying is very addictive and it loves to eat money.

Thank you for the sound advice! And don't mention it, thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Augustine,Forgot to mention that I did some flying out near Dalgety, flew aerial survey down there back around 2007.

Nice place and lots of ag strips to land on.

Really? Our training perimeter intersects Dalgety. Sounds very exciting Robbo, I take you've visited the Cooma airstrip as well? Indeed, we've got a few airstrips in the region. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Really? Our training perimeter intersects Dalgety. Sounds very exciting Robbo, I take you've visited the Cooma airstrip as well? Indeed, we've got a few airstrips in the region. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Not sure mate, so long ago. I was based on the border but worked all over the bottom half of NSW such as Goulburn, Cootamundra, Temora, Wagga, Tocumul, Deniliquin ahhh so many more but can't remember.

I remember landing on a racecouse to take a whiz one day, the horse trainers couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Must say there were a few private strips that we landed on, landed at a strip somewhere in the middle of knowhere and this bloke was restoring some aircraft, the tedious fabric work but he was doing the best job I have ever seen!

The strips we landed at were on peoples private farms and I must say they were always welcoming and made us a coffee and in occasions morning tea, it is amazing how aviation brings so many people together.

• Agree 2

Not sure mate, so long ago. I was based on the border but worked all over the bottom half of NSW such as Goulburn, Cootamundra, Temora, Wagga, Tocumul, Deniliquin ahhh so many more but can't remember.I remember landing on a racecouse to take a whiz one day, the horse trainers couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Must say there were a few private strips that we landed on, landed at a strip somewhere in the middle of knowhere and this bloke was restoring some aircraft, the tedious fabric work but he was doing the best job I have ever seen!

The strips we landed at were on peoples private farms and I must say they were always welcoming and made us a coffee and in occasions morning tea, it is amazing how aviation brings so many people together.

Haha I bet! That sounds like an amazing experience. Indeed, we have great folk. Any plans to visit the region again?

Curious...... How tall are you?The photo of you in your profile dwarfs the aircraft and makes it look like a toy 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Do you have any problems flying in it?

Great observation, I'm 185cm, around 180 pounds. I can get in if it means the occasional head ding whilst exiting. However, I can't complain, a friend of mine who is taking the same course is in the 190s and must be bordering 200Ibs. Pure Anglo-Saxon; amazing genetics! haha

"Fortune - brave - right / correct - details" . . . . ?My Swedish is pretty crap Augustine,. . . . and I can't be bothered to google it ! ! !003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Welcome mate. Phil.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hej! Ja, Du är korrekt. Talar du lite Svenska? It is basically the Swedish equivalent to the common "Fortune favours the bold." I'm just expressing my agreement to it. Good job for spotting it out. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

"I think the phrase is correct in much detail/circumstances"

• Informative 1