~ Greetings from Jindabyne! ~

Augustine

Hej! Ja, Du är korrekt. Talar du lite Svenska? It is basically the Swedish equivalent to the common "Fortune favours the bold." I'm just expressing my agreement to it. Good job for spotting it out. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif"I think the phrase is correct in much detail/circumstances"

OK Augustine, I should have guessed that !

We have a couple of guys on this forum who occasionally post from Sweden, but have not seen them for a while. One of them is "PolarDroid" Flies in the Antarctic a bit I believe, Can't remember the other one, but he flies from a strip very close to some family of mine near Herrljunga, ( Famous for it's CIDER - yum yum ) North of G'burg.

Being fairly well travelled, I tend to pick up bits of languages here and there, just enough to get myself into trouble usually !

Enjoy the flying Sir.

Phil.

OK Augustine, I should have guessed that !We have a couple of guys on this forum who occasionally post from Sweden, but have not seen them for a while. One of them is "PolarDroid" Flies in the Antarctic a bit I believe, Can't remember the other one, but he flies from a strip very close to some family of mine near Herrljunga, ( Famous for it's CIDER - yum yum ) North of G'burg.

Being fairly well travelled, I tend to pick up bits of languages here and there, just enough to get myself into trouble usually !

Enjoy the flying Sir.

Phil.

Thank you Phil,

That is quite interesting! It's always useful to pick up a few odds and ends. I've never travelled to any of the Scandinavian nations yet but it is definitely something I'd wish to do in the future. Met a few Swedes during my time in Muscat which is where I picked it up. They are all from Skåne so you could probably guess what my accent is like! Haha

• 2 years later...
Not sure mate, so long ago. I was based on the border but worked all over the bottom half of NSW such as Goulburn, Cootamundra, Temora, Wagga, Tocumul, Deniliquin ahhh so many more but can't remember.I remember landing on a racecouse to take a whiz one day, the horse trainers couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Harden.

I landed on it day before a race meet, nags everywhere, they weren't too happy,.

We explained to the folk who came tearing up the strip at us in their Landcruiser traybacks (as we were trying to roll for takeoff!!) how they need to put the markings on the strip to indicate closure and they should also notify airservices for a NOTAM. 3 days after the race meet none of that was done but some weeks later I vaguely remember a permanent closure advice.

So for anyone who needs to land at Harden, sorry about that we may have triggered that outcome, I can assure you as of November 2017 it was still a great surface to land into, if you need it....