Boofhead of the year ......

W.A. Police have reported the following laser attack incident that defies belief ......

"Around 2:35am on Tuesday 17 February 2016, a Royal Flying Doctor flight was approaching the Wyalkatchem Airfield from a South West direction when the aircraft was struck by a laser light on two occasions.

The pilot took evasive action and landed safely.

The incident was reported to police and an investigation was commenced by Wyalkatchem Police.

As a result of their inquiries a 52 year old Wyalkatchem man will be summonsed to appear in court at a later date.

He is expected to be charged with one count of Cause Fear with Laser or Light to People in Conveyance."

52 years old?? What rock has this brain-dead individual been living under?? And in a place like Wyalkatchem, where there's about 30 houses in total to search??

And even then, the cops merely issue just a summons for court attendance?? He should have been chucked in the slammer, and left there until his case comes up.

Let's just trust he's involved in a major accident in the future - and the same RFDS crew arrive to pick him up - and they then proceed to kick the crap out of his most painful, injured body part - and then they fly off, and leave him there!!

This response would rate with resounding approval, nationwide!

I trust the local media are waiting at the courthouse and plaster pictures of him all over the country.

Cheers ....

• Agree 8

I have a mate who is a hems pilot and he got blinded by one as he was approaching the Alfred hospital in Melbourne.

I was hit with one about 12 months ago and there not pleasant.

Some people are just sick, there nothing but brain dead imbeciles.

They should be charged with reckless conduct causing serious injury and possible death. Throw them in the slammer and throw away the key.

The laws are to soft in this country.

• Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Yep, I got lasered around 12 months ago. Not much fun. Fortunately I had a bit of height and it occurred during the day. It was just a temporary distraction, and thought it was somebody with a mirror at first. I'd hate to have it happen on late final or worse turning onto base on a dark night. Could be devastating!

• Caution 1

That's not the strangest person to shine a laser at an aircraft. A previous member of this site, a recreational pilot and now a flight attendant for an airline, now living in NZ, and is the admin of an aviation forum site owned by the owner of ozrunways pointed a laser at a polair in Sydney some years back. He was hurled down to the cop shop but they couldn't make the charges stick because he said he was a pilot himself. As told to me by his ex wife who divorced him soon after...now THAT ONE is the most weird

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I got hit right in the face by one a few years ago.

I was in a Boeing 767 at about 500ft on final approach to Sydney. It did briefly make the news.

They never caught him but if they had, I'd like to have chained him to a wall out the back of the cop station and let all 240 passengers file past and have a few seconds each to express their feelings towards him.

We've had a few incidents like this in the UK this year. A Virgin Atlantic flight had to turn back after some idiot decided to try and cause an accident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35575861

Another here on British Airways

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6951266/BA-pilot-hit-with-powerful-laser-over-Heathrow-in-second-attack-in-10-days.html

Another attack on GA

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Police-launch-investigation-laser-shone-aircraft/story-28763970-detail/story.html

It's a common issue for pilots of police helicopters too

Incident here (on film) of attack on police helicopter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/12162473/Police-helicopter-pilot-targeted-by-lasers-20-times.html

Trouble is that it is hard to catch the scum in most cases. Even if caught they'll probably be with a group of mates and all deny having done it bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif