Aircraft Missing Near Katoomba

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been listening to the tractor radio all morning and I think it was the 10.00am news referred to the search in the main bulletin and had an update that the pilot had been located in the wreckage, deceased. RIP fellow aviator.

• Agree 3

RobS2107, Perhaps your signature block is not appropriate in these circumstances? Funny almost anywhere else but not for this thread?

Well I noticed it and had a laugh, then went to tell my wife. I think it's funny! And PC has gone far too far already. Do we have to examine every last written or spoken word in case someone, somewhere doesn't find something quite to their liking?

If we write or say anything at all there's always going to be someone doesn't like it. These days I'm feeling driven to being deliberately un-PC ...

RIP to our fallen flying brother, and condolences to family and friends.

• Like 3
  • Agree 16

Yep HITC, I think its a funny one liner too. and I've used it myself in other correspondence I just thought it was a bit out of place (not offensive but perhaps just a bit inconsiderate) in a thread about a colleague who just lost his life. Is it PC gone mad or just urging consideration for others in this one special circumstance? I am sorry if my post caused offence to anyone, that was not my intent.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yep HITC, I think its a funny one liner too. and I've used it myself in other correspondence I just thought it was a bit out of place (not offensive but perhaps just a bit inconsiderate) in a thread about a colleague who just lost his life. Is it PC gone mad or just urging consideration for others in this one special circumstance? I am sorry if my post caused offence to anyone, that was not my intent.

Yes, I agree mate. I didn't mean it to appear to be an attack on you or your comment and I realise your purpose was to avoid causing offence rather than to cause it, but people can't be expected to change their signature line according to the thread or subject they're commenting on. I quite see your point though but I think it's one of those situations where occasionally PC won't be satisfied - and so be it, it ain't a perfect world ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

When entering this part of the forum, kindly check your emotions at the door. A little to sensitive if you cannot accept that a signature travels with all posts.

Once again thread drift within a handful of posts. Subject here is a serious accident with loss of life not about some over sensitive cry baby.

The aircraft was found well within the circuit area 200 mts from the runway. It took over 12 hours and 10 aircraft to find it. search stopped around 10 pm last night and recommenced this morning. Needless to say the area is really hard to access and to fly here one must be really keen. Some discussion last night on facebook pilots lounge when SAR actions commenced. Once again we will have to wait for the investigation outcome to find out what went wrong.

Not having flown in the area but did visit Katoomba and the Three Sisters in my youth and its all tiger country.

I did a couple days jumping there some years back. High altitude, hot and turbulent with absolutely no safe outs. More than happy never to go back there.

Very sad to lose yet another experienced pilot. Conducting circuits is one of the most practiced of any manouvres and no matter what the terrain was like something went wrong. Was it the weather, mechanical, incapacitation through some medical issue, or just plain pilot error. Hopefully the investigation will determine the cause for the benefit of all Aviatiors.

Was it the weather, mechanical, incapacitation through some medical issue, or just plain pilot error.

Wasn't a very nice day at the beach anywhere in southern Qld or Nsw, it would have been a bit hairy along the top of the ridges, I admire the blokes who flew the search in those conditions.