Plane Restoration TV Series

• 2 weeks later...

Gday Nik

I have really enjoyed 4 episodes so far on Netflix. Mustangs , Huurricane, Red Triplane and Stearmans I think it was.

I'm new to aviation and found them informative with a good mix of the history , technical details, and background stories.

My partner even sat through all 4 episodes and seemed genuinely entertained . I did not feel the need to explain too many details to her , and felt the amount of technical detail was enough the keep the enthusiast interested.

So I say Nice Job. Well done.

Now I will watch the last 2 episodes t6 Harvard and Percival.

Regards

Brendan

I've just watched and thoroughly enjoyed the series on Netflix.

I was also shocked to see the owner Maurice Hammond has since had a crash in one of the Mustangs, not sure if it was the same one in the show. He survived and is recovering at home but sadly the passenger was killed. It appears he also owns the Harvard and the Stearman in the series, Hardwick Warbirds. Hopefully they can rebuild the mustang after they get it back. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Link to news article

• Informative 1

Last night saw the final episode of Plane Resurrection, featuring the Percival Q6. To be honest, I had not heard of the Q6, and knew very little about Percival Aircraft, although I had heard of the Percival Gull, and Percival Proctor. I thought it was one of many UK aircraft manufacturers, and knew nothing of its founder, Edgar Percival. My bad. For the younger members who may not know, the founder of the company was actually born in Albury, and went to Forte St School in Sydney. He left school at 15. The rest of his story can be read on Wikipedia. Although wartime records are unclear, it is believed the aircraft the subject of the resurrection was used to fly General de Gaulle, later French President, to England ahead of the German advance.[ATTACH=full]42353[/ATTACH]

I flew in a Percival Q6 (up the front next to the pilot) at the ripe old age of 15 yrs, it was an around the island joy flight on Jersey in the Channel Islands.

The registration was G-AFFD.

Alan.