wiring in music

brilin_air

Does anyone know if it would work, to wire into the headphone jack another input that I could plug my ipod to so as music would come through the headsets as well as listening to the radio broadcasts ? My radio is a microair

Hi Brilin_Air

I would have tried to wire it through an intercom system however I've noticed that the microair has its own inbuilt intercom. Does it have an auxilary in on the microair radio? If so thats where I'd be plugging the Ipod in. If not, maybe a quick phone call to microair themselves may be the answer. They may have already come up with a solution....

Regards

Phil

Brilin_Air,

Have you considered a FlightCell Pro unit. This neat gadget provides for connection of mobile phone and MP3 directly to your headsets. You can send/receive mobile calls, listen to music while keeping on top of your radio comms. If I recall properly, the add ons instantly fade to allow incoming and outgoing rado calls. And no wiring needed.

Get in touch with Ian, he may have one in the shop for a good price.

Paul

I was going to to the same. I have a portable intercom unit with a mono audio input but the output from the iPod was stereo and the sound came through at quite a low volume.

So just last weekend I flew with the iPod ear bud earphones under my headset and it worked really well. Obviously it doesn't dim the volume for radio calls so I turned off the iPod when I was approaching the circuit area. You can still hear radio calls through the normal headset. I was solo at the time - of course your pax can't hear it if it is not through the intercom.

It's not ideal, but it does work and won't cost you anything in money or extra weight.

Thanks everyone, Paul I have seen the flight cell and they look pretty good,I just want to use the systems that are already available to me and keep things simple, Phil, just as Mazda points out the microair has an input but it is mono, not that that matters but I didn't know if it only came through on one side or not, Good idea Mazda for listening as my usual pax doesn't like my music as much as i do, My next question was going to be if I wired an ipod input to the pax headset plug would it only come through on one side so as we could both listen to our own music. Thanks all.

Brian