Hello from central Qld

ANDREW_1

Hello AndrewI Qantased into Emerald yesterday - an absolute swag of planes tied up - aviation seems healthy in those parts

Yes John, speaking to CFI recently and he said they are very busy and I regularly hear the training aircraft on CTAF when doing my water run

Giddy AndrewWelcome mate you can meet up with fellow flyers at raglan old station flyin if your free around May 26 27 28 I know I be there.

Thanks Doug, Have been to Raglan a number of times , both flown and driven . Last year was absolutely exceptional and do hope to go again this year.

• Agree 1

image.jpeg.b9c1dd83a2ade4af456d01762ae6a47c.jpeg

Thanks Doug, Have been to Raglan a number of times , both flown and driven . Last year was absolutely exceptional and do hope to go again this year.

I keep an eye out for ya then hope to catch up

I be in a Lightwing may be a friends 25 0431 or my 25-0032 o32 is the midde plane in the pic

but I will be there weather permitting of course ...

[ATTACH=full]42466[/ATTACH]I keep an eye out for ya then hope to catch up

I be in a Lightwing may be a friends 25 0431 or my 25-0032 o32 is the midde plane in the pic

That is a fine looking line up of Lightwings, a squadron you might say!

• Agree 2

Hi Andy,

We have a house in Springsure. The sad looking C152 that used to be at the airport was one of ours. Which direction are you from Springsure? Always happy to see action at the strip. Welcome to the forum.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif Hi Andrew,

Murrumba Downs is about 27km north of Brisbane, currently I am in the process of studying / learning to fly with Fly Now Redcliffe, which is about 40km from Brisbane for my RAAus Pilot Certificate

Cheers, Brent 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Hi Andy,

We have a house in Springsure. The sad looking C152 that used to be at the airport was one of ours. Which direction are you from Springsure? Always happy to see action at the strip. Welcome to the forum.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

Hello Sue, Depending on how long you have been in the Springsure area, you may recall an orange tipped , straight tailed 172 VH MHS that got about the area from 1958 until 2005. A book could be written on the excursions of that old girl, including , supposedly being the first 172 in Aust. If you don,t know the aircraft To get to our place , take off on 31 (doesn't, matter if it's the wrong way for the wind, by the time you make your call it will be different anyway) skirt to the south of the mountains then across the river , up Medway Ck to Mowbray. All visitors welcome ,Andy

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif Hi Andrew,Murrumba Downs is about 27km north of Brisbane, currently I am in the process of studying / learning to fly with Fly Now Redcliffe, which is about 40km from Brisbane for my RAAus Pilot Certificate

Cheers, Brent 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Brent , on a different post, thread , not into puter jargon much,but I noticed that a tiger moth had flipped at Redcliffe. I thought I recognised the rego , VH BJE looked up my late dads log ,and it was one that he had trained in at rocky aero club in 1953. Flying the little birds will make you a better plane operator

Hi Andy,Welcome, love this site, its a great source of information.

Thanks for the welcome kevb, I believe my families old Auster VH ACL( sold in 1958) was totally wrecked by cyclone Tracey in 1974

[ATTACH=full]42466[/ATTACH]I keep an eye out for ya then hope to catch up

Welcome Andrew-1.

I will also be at Old Station. Look for the little old bloke with the RV4 VH FOU.

If you are going to be there Friday night make sure you book your meal. There aren't many bookings left.

• Like 1