First solo!

Got my first solo done! Such an awesome feeling :D

Was in an Evektor Sportstar at Jandakot airport, had been postponed due to weather and almost looking like canceling again until there was a gap in the clouds just at the right moment, like it was meant to be!

• Like 7
  • Winner 2

Just an older GoPro hero2 with a cord that goes between my headset jack and the camera, it just has a splitter. You can get them on most aviation gear websites

• Informative 1

Great work. What an awesome view you have with the bubble canopy! Love the sportstar

Yeah it's got great visibility, gets bloody hot when the suns out tho haha

Loved your last podcast by the way!

• Like 1

Got my first solo done! Such an awesome feeling :DWas in an Evektor Sportstar at Jandakot airport, had been postponed due to weather and almost looking like canceling again until there was a gap in the clouds just at the right moment, like it was meant to be!

Great video all went smooth..Background music was a bit of a put off would have rather heared more radio work,,Looks like you just made last light.

• Agree 1

Hey Parky, gotta agree with Bob re. the music, I suspect he's an old #art like meself who is more into the flying side of the equation (and the momentous occasion) than the 'music'...

apart from that, congratulations m8, what you just achieved is the dream of many and something that most mere mortals cannot fathom - because they have never "slipped the surly bonds of Earth" (as PIC)

just remember - when you start flying, you are given two bags - a full one marked LUCK and an empty one marked EXPERIENCE - the idea is to fill the second one up before the first one runs out

you are a Pilot now, and that entails significant responsibility - always consider safety and professionalism in everything aviation-related you do - to do otherwise is fraught with danger, for you, your family, and those poor buggers below you stuck on the ground and wishing they could achieve what you just did

again, congratulations m8, and welcome to the fantastic fraternity of Pilots

Boleropilot

• Like 1

Great Video, I'm surprised your instructor didn't get you to shut down before he got out.... never underestimate the danger of a spinning prop. And I echo what Bolerpilot said, Welcome to the fantastic fraternity of pilots 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Great Video, I'm surprised your instructor didn't get you to shut down before he got out.... never underestimate the danger of a spinning prop. And I echo what Bolerpilot said, Welcome to the fantastic fraternity of pilots 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

oh yeah - my instructor got out of the back seat of the Drifter one day and forgot to take his seat cushion - about 30 seconds after take-off I heard/felt a thump and the aircraft yawed, I called 'returning' and did a close-in circuit. We found the remains of his cushion cover draped over the elevator...no doubt the cushion had gone through the prop. Lucky it was made of very soft rubber foam, if it had been a more substantial material it could have damaged a prop blade = blade fails = el mucho vibration = shut down motor and perform a forced landing - not something a student would pull off without making a misteak. Part of my pre-flight take-off checks now is to go over the back seat area as the last thing I do before I step up into the cockpit.

BP

Are you kidding? I've listened to all your podcasts and they are all excellent! Anyone reading this that hasn't listened to recflyers podcasts then do so now.

Thanks, i appreciate you taking the time to listen. If your interested I have a group on Facebook which you can join called 'Go Flying Australia Podcast Friends' where I get ideas and help from listeners to put together the show.

Cheers

• Helpful 1