P&M Aviation HypeR

Do you think it is Pretty or do you think it is Ugly?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Pretty or do you think it is Ugly?

• Pretty
    • Ugly
    • I would buy one
    • I wouldn't buy one

Today P&M Aviation unveiled the P&M Aviation HypeR @ Popham Airfield (30/04/2016) during the opening of the Annual Microlight Trade Fair.

I am not someone who gets that excited about Flexwings, so the unveiling wasn't the highlight of the Event for me.

I will let those of you who are interested in Flexwings see the Microlight & I am interested in your opinions to see if they match mine?

image11.jpg.37d23c6137381a448185ab51fad11bf2.jpg

HypeR3.jpg.b51ac0b6a9a4060c61392bd243753732.jpg

• Like 1

Its got the landing gear from their flying carbon egg, appears to have directional issue by the look of the horrendously large and flimsy looking spat wings and has replaced the light weight fabric skirt with fibreglass ... and tried to hide the abortion that it appears to be with dazzle camo ... big no from me on looks

• Agree 1

Mutton dressed as lamb.What is the price, as a matter of interest?

They haven't disclosed a price yet........... I suspect they are too scared to tell anyone yet, I just hope this isn't the Product that P&M are thinking is going to pull them out of the financial abyss they are sitting in.

What I see is a Quasar revamp with the rear section of a PulsR morphed onto it.

Today it hasn't grown any prettier ( you know how a baby looks even more gorgeous the day after birth ) Well this is still fugging ugly ;-)

26642888312_ebf73f9160_b.jpg.f81bd42a43603efbf808b512a8a7bdfc.jpg

I am not quite sure why.......but the radiator is on a cable pulley system so it can be pulled towards the white uprights?

I am curious why there is a scoop just behind the wheel? I hope that isn't the intake for the airbox ;-)

Having seen the HypeR at Popham. It looked quite crap to me, it does have some neat bits though......especially the adjustable seats! Very clever how they've got the pilot's seat adjustable fore and aft just like a car, and the rear one can be adjusted up and down. Bill Brooks said the pedals are also adjustable, so that one size plane fits all possible pilot shapes. Neat! I wasn't too impressed with the open bit at the back near the radiator. That bit looked clunky to me, and the method of adjusting the amount of cooling by moving a large flat plate up and down in front of the radiator also seemed less than properly thought out. Bob Hood suggested they should box it in like they have with the PulsR and have vents on the side or underneath that could be opened and closed as needed.

( pics by various photographers )

HypeR-5.jpg.4261bc80ca726a0eceae794763d6ab90.jpg

HypeR-1.jpg.e9131f710266c7c682b83f611a8b97e2.jpg

HypeR-2.jpg.95c3a208c90a4bef4819d140f2704c6b.jpg

HypeR-3.jpg.3d544f42c21594e25b202f86db3b2012.jpg

HypeR-4.jpg.0f76d68868dc4ed71f159d520f38707b.jpg