Long time no flying - Love to get back into it

Hi All

Been a while since I last flew PPL about 13 years ago. Looking forward to doing RAA license in not too distant future. Maybe even get a plane for myself. Who knows, but gotta start somewhere.

Looking forward to some good interaction and gaining much needed information.

• Like 1

Hi NeilThanks for the good wishes. I notice you're out Hoppers way. Your photo looks like a Savannah. Is this your plane?

Barry

Hi Baz,

Sure is. A Savannah S.

Whereabouts do you live, and where will you be flying from?

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Baz,Sure is. A Savannah S.

Whereabouts do you live, and where will you be flying from?

Cheers,

Neil

Undecided as yet - probably Lilydale or Tyabb. Not immediately but will start looking around and see what suits me in terms of area, and what type of aircraft. How do you enjoy your Sav?

Undecided as yet - probably Lilydale or Tyabb. Not immediately but will start looking around and see what suits me in terms of area, and what type of aircraft. How do you enjoy your Sav?

I really like it. Low and slow, short take-off and landing, and 140 litre tanks gives me close to 7.5 hours endurance plus reserve. My previous plane was a Gazelle, which was also great, but the endurance was only around 2.5 hours plus 45 minute reserve, which was ultimately quite limiting.

Coldstream have just recently got a Tecnam P92 back on line for RAAus and have quite an active social group which catch up most weekends.

Coldstream have just recently got a Tecnam P92 back on line for RAAus and have quite an active social group which catch up most weekends.

Thanks for this info. I'll be looking at all airfields in the East to evaluate and see what suits my requirements. A little early at this stage. Looking realistically in 3-4 years before starting flying again