The XPB Stage 1 underway.

Ahhh! - O.K.!! - I got the big picture figured out, now!!

Bex has found out about the massive opportunity, and outstanding and irresistible offer, from the manager of the greatly-under-utilised No.2 Feng Shui Tractor Works, just up the road.

He's thrown in the idea of utilising his own piddly factory (even though it came with an overhead crane 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif) - and he's moving his prototype into a unused section of the No.2 F.S. Tractor Works, to continue production.

The deal is just fantastic - not only does he get access to all the CNC tooling, production machinery, engineers, and design staff of the factory - he also gets free access to any surplus tractor parts he wants for his new aircraft build (you know - diffs, canopies, that kind of thing) - and in exchange, the manager of the tractor works wants the C/N plate of Bex's aircraft to proudly declare - MOST EXCELLENT PRODUCT OF NO. 2 FENG SHUI TRACTOR WORKS, CHENGDU, PRC ... !!

My God! - and here was me thinking, Bex was just another pretty face!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

So, transporting to the new factory?

Yeah, it's been hard yakka too, traditionally the hottest weeks of the year and it hasn't let me down.

It's not that it's 40 degrees, it's way inland and that it's still 40 degree now at 7pm with no breeze and rotten humidity. Big change for me after 40 years next to the beach with seabreezes, how I miss those thunderstorms coming in over Brissy in the evenings.

I must have said something, first cool change in 2 weeks of miserable heat happening right now!

21C right now (11.30pm) with a breeze (rare here) but going back up overnight, however, says it's going down steadily over the next week to the mid-high 20's. Hopefully I can get back to full speed now, I had to knock it on the head at 3pm today for example because of the heat, and I wasn't exactly going real fast up til then either.

• Winner 1

I must have said something, first cool change in 2 weeks of miserable heat happening right now!21C right now (11.30pm) with a breeze (rare here) but going back up overnight, however, says it's going down steadily over the next week to the mid-high 20's. Hopefully I can get back to full speed now, I had to knock it on the head at 3pm today for example because of the heat, and I wasn't exactly going real fast up til then either.

-0.2.here. And "feels like temp" -3.5 Lol. Brrrrrrrr. I'll trade ya for ya heat?

Take into account that Thailand Co might be a scammer as well, that just hit me,

A valid concern I believe. Mae Hong Son is a very out of the way place to run a business from, plus that exact address pops up on a dodgy shipper's web site.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Well now that the repressive heat seems to have settled down (was 23 degrees in the factory yesterday, was 46(!) last Friday), I am getting back up to speed.

Trying out a few roll bar ideas and the integration of them into the frame, obviously wanting strength and safety without compromising on weight too much ..

50.jpg.93bcd4646c8d642473e6f037b8d0d6c6.jpg

1493725127_roll2.jpg.d09d0f9164830c49098564c3c918fc24.jpg

119521674_roll1.jpg.8293d60b5a40cc20bff921df6be486bf.jpg

28824800_roll3.jpg.41262f8ef77b3a1d1298f032457233e2.jpg

,, and those with a keen eye for fashion will notice the new sexy colour scheme for the build table tiles.

• Like 3

Are you planning to have cut and welded bends in the roll bar final design, or will the final product have superior pressed bends? The latter would look better and be cheaper to produce, I would imagine.

I'm personally not sure that the bar from the centre of the roll bar to the footwell area is all that necessary. What are you planning for the canopy, a simple bubble design?

Looks good, otherwise. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Plenty of room for a production line there, Bex

I like the huge number of great big windows that let in plenty of light! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif Obviously, not too many rock-throwing vandals in the area?? 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gifAround here, the suntanned, layabout locals, would have a rock through every pane, in just one night. bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

cut and welded or bent roll bar design,

It's not important at this moment, the size, shape parameters and integration are what's being achieved first.

I'm personally not sure that the bar from the centre of the roll bar to the footwell area is all that necessary.

Try telling that to somebody upside down smelling petrol ......

I intend to have one of the safer aircraft out there.

Make it darn easy to get in and out of too, people do hurt themselves just doing that.

What are you planning for the canopy ..

That depends on how the ROPS works out.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1