The XPB Stage 1 underway.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry about lack of updates. As I mentioned my Wife's Father passed away a few weeks ago and now dealing with my Mum who has only weeks left. The life cycle just continues unabated, I accept it, but doesn't make it any easier, and Xmas certainly won't be the same this year.

The project is a bit in limbo stuck between the old factory and the new one which I will hopefully move to within the next few weeks, it is happening, just on damn Chinese time.

There are other background things going on for me as well over here.

In the meantime I have been doing a lot of investigating and design work for a high wing. Fact is the Zenith, Savannah and Cub ilks are popular, so why fight it. I am structuring the basic Zenith and Savannah now into the computer and making changes suitable to my setup and currently available processes, as well as parts I already have.

I have also made improvements that will end up getting back to the low wing as well.

So it's all still moving forward, and now the high wing is a bit closer as well.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

• 4 weeks later...

I guess most of you realise the recent low input is due to the passing of my Mum earlier in the month. I have been in Oz most of the time with Dad and other family in SA and Vic mostly as well as driving considerable kms between the 2.

I have just today arrived back in China.

As I intend to return again soon, possibly for Xmas with Dad, and that there is another interest that may keep me in Oz for a few months early 2018, I MIGHT be interested in getting someone over here to work in my place.

It's just a thought at the moment and might interest someone who wants aprox a 6 month working holiday who is capable of doing the assembly work similar to what you can see in this thread, while keeping some wits and some decent work standards about them while they do it. The design and prep of materials (purchase, laser, folding, etc.) is organised otherwise.

If this might interest you, PM me, but consider it's not set in stone at the moment. Age isn't an issue, indeed probably suits a more mature person. Accommodation, airfares, guide, local basic wage (bowl of rice inclusive) and a kit plane at the end is a possible package.The experience of living here for a bit can be priceless to some, while others want to leave after a couple of months, sometimes weeks. This isn't Australia, if you expect it to be, don't bother.

• Like 2

WOW, that's quite an offer for some lucky guy or gal. Not set in stone perhaps but there must be a load of resume's being written at the moment.

It's surprising how the thought of going to another country also inhibits people.

Sorry I didn't drop in, nor to Flyerme.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's some updates coming shortly, but know the delays aren't permanent.

In the meantime, and I don't know where else to put it so I'll disturb my own thread, this is one very interesting or strange documentary, depending on your views on things.

It's about a group of Tibetans who make a pilgrimage to Lhasa 'Kowtowing' all the way there. Kowtow is to first kneel, then bow until your head touches the ground. They walk 1,500kms and Kowtow every 7 steps! Takes them around 18 months, that I can figure, in some of the most hostile environment that is Tibet.

Besides the insights into their mountain village life, a birth, a death and some of the hardships they endure, what is of great interest to me is the incredible landscapes you will see for the bulk of the movie. The cinema-photography is first class. Where they start from is about 6 hours drive South West of me and I have been fortunate enough to have driven through these areas early in their travels in the movie a few times.

冈仁波齐—在线播放—《冈仁波齐》—电影—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

English subtitled, couple of minutes adverts at the start, often stupid computer game ads.

Be patient at the beginning, it is worth the wait. If you have trouble with the link, let me know.

Seems to want to install a player application before it will play.

Don't do it, you'll be besieged with adware. Does it run if you decline?

It's Youku, which is China's Youtube, so should just play like Youtube without any player.

I'll have a look for some other links.

I tried the first link, which opened O.K. I translated it with Google, and the message I got was the video couldn't be viewed because "I had disabled cookies".

I didn't disable any cookies - but I do have Ghostery 8 loaded to prevent a lot of tracking and redirecting from sneaky sites (including a lot of those "prominent" Western websites, too, I might add).

What I did notice was the title "Gang Rinpoche", which is Mt Kailaish, the holy mountain for the Tibetans. Some pretty stunning scenery right there, if you do a search under that title, and find the "Gallery Fototi".

I suspect the Chinese Govt are intent on tracking anyone who views anything about Tibet, seeing as it's a thorn in their side, with the Tibetans constantly wanting to get out from under the grip of the Chinese.

• Winner 1

What the >>>>>did I just watch?...you can stick that kowtowing where the sun dont shine.....awesome scenery though..imagine flying in some of those places

Yup, it's quite the departure from a culture that we know, watch it again, you see more every time you do. Could you even imagine doing what they did after the tractor got hit? Did you notice they went 'X' distance, went back and kowtowed that missed distance!

Sorry it's a bit off topic regarding flying, but it's pretty special, I wouldn't just link any old movie.

So ... how much kowtowing do we have to do, before we see a completed Bex Special? And we don't want to hear, "Patience, young grasshopper!" 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

The plane has little to do with the plane at the moment actually, there's a number of outside influences happening as we speak. Should have something solid information wise in the next week or 2 as to how it will tackled from here on in. There is no question about getting there, just which road.

Got to get the Hi Wing started soon too. Cantilevered wing.

1137324775_hiwingtaperedcanti.jpg.11b00fdb881f88c566a5b43d8e26c0ff.jpg

• Like 1