The XPB Stage 1 underway.

I'm sorry to hear that Bex has medical issues that have laid him (and obviously, his plans) low.

I trust he recovers to 100% fitness, and comes back with bigger and better ideas, gleaned from the range of new people he's been in contact with!

• Like 1

Hi Bex,

I hope you are on your way to fully recovering. I'm sure we will be amazed at how many good ideas you will come up with once you have had some rest!

The Wedgetail "Typhoon" will soon be 760 Kg compliant, all metal structure, tailplane and elevator, up to 200 Hp.

Maybe we can talk about it once you have recovered.

Ray

• More 1

All the best, Bex.

Know where you're at.

See you soon.

Take care mate, iv'e just been doing the same.

I did discover that in my case the orange bits were carrots, green bits were beans and the yellow bits were sweet corn, but they all tasted the same.

A bit of home food will soon put you right.

Kind regards

Planey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I take it from the comments here that Bex has had a medical issue. Are we allowed to know the story or is it a personal thing

Thanks for your well wishes, i have had good fortune in business with my electric car business, which i don't have to put much personal time into now, but an absolute mongrel of a year healthwise, seemingly all unrelated.

However the result seems to be that the various inflictions one after the other over the half year, ruptured disc in lower back, mysterious illness straight after that, occipital nerves went ballistic putting me in hospital to try to find the reasons why, gut pain hospital again for 3 days, and all of these just drained me to a point of just giving up everything for a bit to slowly recover for a time, but then .....

For 30 years I have ahd a known heart murmur, it's not considred serious, don't know if all the injuries and illnesses bought it on, but I had bad heart palpitations that put me in hospital for a week so they could check on me, and after i got out, a scary moment that resembled a stroke, they are not sure as there's no damage and no trace of a chemical the body releases to protect the organs. Bad chest pain, left arm and shoulder, and my left eye drooping - off to hospital. 2 weeks of damn rotten tests (8 various MRI/CAT scans) and enough blood drawn to attract Buffy. the worst was the sonar camera down my gullet to watch my heart from behind.

Result is a stretched Mitral Valve (the murmur) that's allowing blood to regergitate back into my Left Atrium from the Left Ventrical. They wanted to operate then, but I decided to jump on a plane instead to go home to see my Daughters and Grandkids primarily, and the rest of my immediate family, Dad, Brothers, Sister. I was going to drop in to see few of you clowns too, but we had to cut the trip short and fly back as a very important thing came up.

Result is, on Monday I go in for a heart operation. It's considered a minor operation as hearts go, and I have complete trust in them, but the bastards are going to stop my heart for an hour FFS, an hour! That scares the crap out of me.

Funny thing knowing your time might be up, feel bad for my Missus, had fun, wouldn't change most of it.

I'll let yas know about Wednesday or Thursday (not sure), but if you don't hear from me, adios suckers ... !

PS: If I owe anyone money, I didn't make it.

• Like 5

All the very best mate, work on the assumption that the devil looks after his own. I too had a very recent spell in hospital with ticker problems, pneumonia and fluid on the lungs and made a discovery about hospital food. The orange bits are carrots, green bits are beans and the yellow bits are sweet corn. Cleverly they manage to get them to all taste the same. Any leftovers are exported to China

?. Take care, and we all look forward to your return, fitter and better. Kindest Regards, Planey

All the very best mate, work on the assumption that the devil looks after his own. I too had a very recent spell in hospital with ticker problems, pneumonia and fluid on the lungs and made a discovery about hospital food. The orange bits are carrots, green bits are beans and the yellow bits are sweet corn. Cleverly they manage to get them to all taste the same. Any leftovers are exported to China

?. Take care, and we all look forward to your return, fitter and better. Kindest Regards, Planey

Oh no - Not true!! 

Not even good enough for them. 

The Chinese have become very picky about the food they’ll import. ?

• Haha 1

All the best bloke. You will be right. They stop your heart when you have by pass operations too and run your blood through a mecanical pump. If something goes wrong you could always use a Rotax fuel pump to keep the red stuff flowing.?

Hi Bex. By the time you read this you will be back with us. If I'd seen your post before you went under, I would have been able to offer you some reassurance about your big adventure. Well, that is what I called it when I went through a similar mitral valve repair last year. Its a sobering thought to know that someone will be literally holding your heart in their hand. In my case they stopped my heart for almost 4hrs, as there was a bit of extra work they had to do while they were in there. Or maybe the surgeon just wanted to trade his Bremer in on a new Tesla.  They did warn me that when i wake up, to expect to feel like I'd been hit by a bus. Glad they warned me otherwise I'd have been worried about what they fluffed up!

Anyhow, it's all worth the journey.

Now I've got back the energy I used to have.

Enjoy your new lease of life!

All the best mate!  Try not to molest the nurses too much.  We'll see you back here shortly.

You of course know which side of my heart is the problem? ....I knew the Left would get me one day ....

Thanks for all the kind words, leaving for Hospital now.

Hope u bounce back quick mate and maybe take it as a sign to chill out for a while as life can be quite hectic on ones soul and can go by quick. Smell the roses or something ☺️

You of course know which side of my heart is the problem? ....I knew the Left would get me one day ....

Thanks for all the kind words, leaving for Hospital now.

Alive, endured 2 unforeseen issues, a level of pain that i didnt think was possible. Now a member of the zipper club

• Like 11

Alive, endured 2 unforeseen issues, a level of pain that i didnt think was possible. Now a member of the zipper club

That nice pillow is your best friend...every time you cough of sneeze its that full squeeze into your chest that makes you feel not alone  :)...welcome to the club ?

You keep that pillow close it will be your friend for a while