The XPB Stage 1 underway.

• 2 weeks later...
Whatever the capabilities, or perceived capabilities of the original poster (I'm guessing that's who the conversation is about) - I just like his sense of humour.

I would have thought my capabilities for this project were quite clearly demonstrated by the picture progress of all that I have designed and built with my own hands.

Each major component I design has been through FEA and calcs done by qualified Aeronautical Engineers, so people can relax on that side of it.

Clearly that's not good enough for some, I couldn't give a fook, I have taken no money from anyone, and until the day I take 1 cent from anybody, I'm just a guy building a plane, and build it it whenever the fook I want to build it, which is not right now, mostly due to health.

If you want that in a nutshell, open heart surgery, 3 months ago slipped off a boat, body slammed down onto a concrete landing step onto my left rib cage/heart and off to hospital (thankfully I had a lifejacket on and only nearly killed myself), and 7 weeks ago had another major operation below my tailbone to have an abscess removed, 100mm long cut, 50mm deep, open wound recovery. 3 weeks ago I stepped on moss in the rain and went azz over spraining my foot badly and apparently hurting my shoulder.

So besides still not being able to breath properly, sternum in pain daily, can't walk, can't sit down and can't lift my left arm, not that I can lift anything over 15 kgs at the moment anyway, and can't sleep, I FEEL JUST GREAT.

I mean no disrespect to those that have shown me encouragement and support, I am very grateful, just when you open up the thread after some time and you see crap being thrown your way ... and for what?

I am sorry for not having checked in earlier and thanking those for the kind "recovery" comments, thank you, and we are considering how to progress on the plane projects these days now that my principle investment in the Dunning-Kruger Electric Car Dealership, that is going very well, has been returned.

cut.jpg.417ce1b51ad8c05965dfc2af4828befc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Perhaps the realities of working on a project that in reality, promises minimal financial return (as do most UL aircraft designs) -

People don't choose to try to build the cheapest kit plane on the market to make a squillion dollars out of it.

I was never in it for the money per say, and because money isn't the main issue nor a barrier, that's why it will succeed.

However, I agree with Marty, then man has a brilliantly quick wit.

Well, half of one anyway.

• Haha 1

Oh man, that's a whole lot of questions answered. Thanks for the update. Your luck must change soon, and for the better, I trust.

Maybe you'd be best advised to steer well clear of boats? I do, I detest them, because I get sick nearly every time I'm aboard one. Besides, they reckon boats absorb more $$$'s than aircraft.

• Like 1

(edited...mod). I have not met Bex personally but have enjoyed his posts. If you have had doubts about what he is up to then why not have just simply asked like i and most likely others have done. What Bex has done and is involved in has cost no one here anything and from what i can see no financial help has been asked for.

(edited...mod)

All I'm saying Pete is that Bex would have been digging himself into an ever increasing hole by starting the project off in Sketchup, its just not the right software package for designing a plane, great for furniture.

All I'm saying Pete is that Bex would have been digging himself into an ever increasing hole by starting the project off in Sketchup, its just not the right software package for designing a plane, great for furniture.

What's the best software package?

You won't believe this, but some designers even used to keep their drawings on paper, PAPER!  ... PAPER!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to my designing, and back to blocked for you, not even sure how you became unblocked  ..

1413654655_homerplane.JPG.b28af12a4714f012d77d1883e93f9362.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Winner 1

Obviously fly trap has designed many a plane on the sugested solidworks package and has produced many and various aircraft to be able to have an opinion on what is right or wrong with everyone elses aircraft designs