The XPB Stage 1 underway.

I wrote earlier that it looked " boxy" That was not serious critique.

Oh now you tell me after I dumped the sideplates, sacked a worker, re-mortgaged the house and kicked the dog 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

I like that idea. And perhaps canopy too?.... Plenty of RV bits and pieces around. Genuine and otherwise....

No, I don't don't that period as previously mentioned. It is even more damning to do that based in China.

• Haha 2

Oh now you tell me after I dumped the sideplates, sacked a worker, re-mortgaged the house and kicked the dog 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Remortgaged the house? For 3 extra bowls of rice??

Hey I think I found a copy of the assembly instructions you'll be including with the kit...

1770463382_BexInstructions.jpg.498b2cc13a72654f5b414a1af1829dbd.jpg

...So as long as the builder correctly aligns the "WeiFront wing fimstvel" and properly locates the "Weight Festival", its orbit should be promoted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Despite the instructions I managed to assemble them... three ornithopters my wife bought for the kids while she was in China. They're actually a brilliant little kit with exactly the amount of material required to build them. Apparently cost the grand sum of 2 yuan each (around 40 cents). They also work, flapping around the room sounding exactly like a trapped bird.

(It's the only aircraft building I've been doing lately!!)

P1070265.JPG.c65cebc4564d5e509ade5103820bf8c1.JPG

• Like 2

Weight Festival", its orbit should be promoted.

I will promote any Weight Festival that makes it into Orbit, and hope Rebel Wilson is cast as lead lady. She is as funny as some of these posts.

(It's the only aircraft building I've been doing lately!!)

Boats, Box Kites, think it's the only aircraft building going on in this thread. Love the ornithopters, great gifts for grandkids (hint hint, grow up to be a pilot )

Harking back to the Flying Flea wing arrangement, while watching other Youtube videos, this one popped up.

• Like 2

Despite the instructions I managed to assemble them... three ornithopters my wife bought for the kids while she was in China. They're actually a brilliant little kit with exactly the amount of material required to build them. Apparently cost the grand sum of 2 yuan each (around 40 cents). They also work, flapping around the room sounding exactly like a trapped bird.(It's the only aircraft building I've been doing lately!!)

[ATTACH=full]43470[/ATTACH]

Video please

think it's the only aircraft building going on in this thread.

Your plane finished yet?

I posted on Friday and here's what I was doing on Saturday and Saturday night, including running to the factory and laser guy, note the times on the right, 24 hour clock, i.e that 2.20 is am ..

Image2.jpg.233ccba23a79c88a372e770f8607954f.jpg

Maybe keep your comments to yourself next time, thanks.

Video please

.Start a new thread thanks.

• Agree 3

Harking back to the Flying Flea wing arrangement, while watching other Youtube videos, this one popped up.

Sadly I have to fess up owning a copy of this video and more.

So today I got some more test sideplates cut, basically the same just very minor details that make large differences to the assembly process which has been interesting to work out, eg; which tube gets riveted to which plate first etc, and how to keep it all self jigging without distorting while it's all in it's very flexible open ended state.

I have found over time that people do actually like to make things, tomorrow I'll post more on that, but not when it's frustrating or has to be done all over again because of a simple and easily made mistake - and that's my responsibility to not allow to happen.

I also had some gussets cut out as well, there's multiples of them there but the cutting is so accurate each time that it looks like only one thick one of each ....

1906701267_Gussets1.jpg.af95efd0fb3dd42737a8f993adb9c6bb.jpg

• Like 3

A possibly helpful post from FT.......... You saw it here first on recflying!

(Just having a stir FT, unlike some others I would like to meet you one day:whisper:)

In case you still have him ignored Bex he suggested having the part number cut into the gussets when they are being cut out.

• Haha 3

I just came from HBA, same thread there, 2 pages... here 8 pages...

There are no replies at HBA in Members Projects, it's "OP only" threads, the way I like it there too due to a couple of "experts".

I wrote earlier that it looked " boxy" That was not serious critique

My "boxy" comment was. (serious criticism) 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I saw, straight up, that you need harsh criticism to make you get cracking, and use those other 10,000,000,000 lazy neurons in your brain. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Hmm, 4 natural triangles, gentle curves for the "Boxy" whiners, might be onto something here.

Right on, Einstein! Now you're cooking with gas! Starting to look like some engineer with aerodynamic principles in mind, is having some input here. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

The best part is - the more you curve components, the lighter the frame gets, and the strength increases as well.

Don't forget that they stopped putting flat panels and straight frame members on cars long ago. Curved, wins every time!

You got a goer there, mate. Airbus will be calling you in soon, for consultancy work. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

SDQDI did say

FWIW Bex thanks for posting here and bringing us along for the ride, it is a treat getting shown the development step by step and watching it grow.101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif"

sentiments that I endorse

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The best part is - the more you curve components, the lighter the frame gets, and the strength increases as well.

Don't forget that they stopped putting flat panels and straight frame members on cars long ago. Curved, wins every time!

Volvo held out longest with lots of flat panels and the boxy look.