Microair radio old technology

After some extended investigations I have found Microair radios do not work well with noise cancelling headsets, the manufacture does not articulate this very well and after trying a number of different remedies, the only way I can have to radio intercom to work correctly is to use non electric headsets.

According to the manufacturer, you can not fit a external intercom .

I am looking to purchase some old technology , any one got 2 non electronic headsets for sale .

Guest Crezzi
According to the manufacturer, you can not fit a external intercom .

Airborne fit Microair radio and external Lynx intercoms to pretty much all their trikes

Cheers

John

The Microair manual says an external intercom can be used (section 3.9 Revision Q latest manual revision 01R16). All you have to do is disable the internal VOX in the units program mode. Then wire up a single Mic line along with the headphone & ground wires to the external intercom. Done.

• Agree 2

All the factory built Jabiru aircraft with 2 radios fitted have an external intercom. Half a dozen of the local ones have noise cancelling headsets working with no problems. ??????

(All fitted with Microair radios)

• Like 1

Stevron , what 'problem' do you have with them ? . I have a Microair radio with separate intercom and use Lightspeed Zulu's Mk 1 headsets with no problems ..... Bob

• Agree 1

This radio issue I have is an on going problem , from day one, the communication from passenger to pilot is muffled that it makes passenger remove their headsets, yet with one zulu2 headset fitted its fine,

Speaking to Microair ,they do not agree with fitting ANR headset as the mic gain is great.

This is from Micro air , I have a P radio.

Hi Steve

If the report came back with no faults then this was tested and passed. We use a standard Aviation Headset which is what our radio has been designed for.

Did you send your headset in with the radio?

I am sorry if I didn't let you know that this wouldn't work with your noise cancelling headset but I only found out when I passed on your symptoms to our senior technician who informed me about the high power from these devices.

Can you please check that these meet the Australian Aviation Industry standards like the Altronics Aviation Headset we sell?

As I stated we can reduce the mic gain on the radio to suit your headset and fix the gain to try and prevent the FM interference.

I have copied Scott my manager so he is aware of your situation too.

Kind Regards

• Like 1

I think there must be some miscommunication or something going on.

I have two micro airs connected via a ps intercom in my jab 430. Microair sell the wiring looms and the set up I have has worked with light speed Zulus ( model 1 and 2s), David Clarks and several home assembled kit ANRs that I made. Seems lots of people here also have no problems.

Are you sure you are talking about the same thing when you talked to Microair.

There are whisperers and shouters, and every range inbetween. Hard to set a modulation level to work across the whole range - that's before considering external preamps on powered mics. Bearing in mind aviation coms are still AM.

I include a response from micron air in my last posting , the manufacturer said NO ANR headsets

I think perhaps their response should have been qualified by "unless you have a separate external intercom" as the headsets connect to the intercom not the radio.

Didnt I just say that?

Yes but Microair didn't. They could have advised Stevron to install an external intercom to allow his ANR headset to work but chose not to.

After some extended investigations I have found Microair radios do not work well with noise cancelling headsets, the manufacture does not articulate this very well and after trying a number of different remedies, the only way I can have to radio intercom to work correctly is to use non electric headsets.According to the manufacturer, you can not fit a external intercom .

I am looking to purchase some old technology , any one got 2 non electronic headsets for sale .

Hi, I've got 2 old Aerial Pursuits headsets which came with my Jabiru. They work well but the gel pads on the earpieces need replacing.

Make me an offer and pay postage and their yours

Cheers, Jenny

Hi, I've got 2 old Aerial Pursuits headsets which came with my Jabiru. They work well but the gel pads on the earpieces need replacing.Make me an offer and pay postage and their yours

Cheers, Jenny

Thanks , I have obtained a couple , but thanks for your fine offer

I have David Clark non electric Headset surplus to my needs.$200 Firm.

PM me if interested.

Thanks I will let my mate know he is looking a spare