derekliston

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the events there putting on?Thanks,

Sean

As I understand the situation from the rumours:

1. It is no longer being run by the SAAA. It is being run by a comittee that includes a many of the previous organizers. It is thought that this is a way to encourage greater partiipation from the other avaition bodies, hence the name change.

2. The event will not have a commercial/formal airshow. This limited the opportunities for more grassroots flying.

Time will tell if these changes are for the better

I am a little diapointed that this close to the event there still isnt a web page.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 3

There was some discussion on the latest emailed newsletter from RAAus that some joint discussions are in progress between RAAus and SAAA. Hopefully that will be fruitful.

SAAA used to run some great educational events on the various aspects of aircraft building and maintenance at what was once called AusFly.

• Agree 1

I plan on coming, maybe in the Nieupy if I can organise support for fuel etc...

I'll have my camper trailer with a couple of 20litre jerrycans for fuel which I wont need for this trip so if you need to pick up fuel they will be available, assuming you use 98 mogas. If you use avgas and it is not available at Narromine (I would have thought it would be!) that can be organised too.

It's a shame we don't have some means of spotting/meeting fellow forum tragics. Any suggestions? (apart from rolling up one trouser leg or wearing rotating bow ties, etc. . .)

Easy to spot. Most of us will have our flying jackets made of strong canvas with the sleeves fastened behind our backs, and two beefy blokes in white coats very close by...065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Yes I will be there. This will be my second significant cross country trip (flying from YBAF) since attaining PPL, so any hints and tips for the destination, particularly around organisation on the ground there for accommodation, etc, will be greatly appreciated. Not fussy about tent, bed, floor, just intend to meet people and have a good time,

If you're bringing your own camping gear you can set up under the wing or in the campground nearby.

Perhaps the best is the cabins (Narromine Tourist Park). Rooms are not numbers, but named for iconic aircraft.

The Aero Club puts on good meals drinks, and is a great social venue.

Peppercorn Inn (Home) is a few hundred meters away, on the edge of town.

There are other places in town.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard any more about this? The website Ozkosh.com.au has been pretty static for awhile with coming soon. It's only a few months to go... I hope all is well.

• Agree 1

The airport is walking distance to the centre of town though I wouldn't want to carry 2 full jerry cans that far. Just a hop over the hills for me so no need to refuel at YNRM.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1