So what is the status of RAA flying schools today and how are the costs raising for dual training.

All instructors are volunteers to the club. Annual club membership is $457. It cost me around $4000 to obtain my pilots certificate and cross country / passenger endorsement.We also have a theory instructor who donates his time.

WOW - $ 457 per annum sub ................ sounds like a golf club

gympie aero club takes the view that they would rather have the person rather than the money (only $ 60 / annum sub) (the club gets income from hangar fees so the sub is not critical for funds)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid 3 pounds 15 shillings for my first TIF, but that was back when you could buy a new Cessna 172 for around $10grand.(about 1961) So the fact that it cost me close on a weeks wages at that time, I made a point of staying good mates with the bank managers son who lived up the road, as his dad owned a Tiger Moth and took me flying occasionally if I prompted him enough:amazon:.

What's everyone's thoughts on paying $220/h Private hire for a 1000h+ j230? Bit steep hey!Would $180/h sound closer to the going rate?

I would say yes, the one at our club us around $145 for members

• Like 1

WOW - $ 457 per annum sub ................ sounds like a golf clubgympie aero club takes the view that they would rather have the person rather than the money (only $ 60 / annum sub) (the club gets income from hangar fees so the sub is not critical for funds)

Yes it is a bit of a hit, but when you look at our hire / fly costs compared to others, you get that money back in no time at all.

Very steep, our Foxbat rents for $130 hr wet and the CTLS $140 hr wet..Both are very new aircraft.

That is a great price.

Our club is as follows for club members wet hire.

$124 J-170

$124 FK9

$147 J230

The Oaks, near Camden

Jabiru LSA-55 $150 Dual, $120 Solo

Jabiru J230 $180 Dual, $150 Solo

Foxbat 22 $150 Dual, $120 Solo,

Daves Flying School for Jabs 6 days/week

Sydney Recreational Flying School for Foxbats 3 days/week

No landing fees, free tea and coffee

Grass strip (the falls are softer on grass)