Silk Undies

JG3

In April I took friend Tony from Denver, Colorado, on a 24 hr flight in my Savannah, from Kilcoy SE Qld to Innisfail, Longreach, Thargomindah and home. We both have skinny butts and suffered all the way from the pain-in-the-butt that won't go away no matter how much you squirm and try to lift off the seat. I already have lots of extra foam in the seats. After we got back I even looked into butt implant surgery Brazilian Butt Lift Photo Gallery - Miami Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery LOL ......... Then I mentioned the complaint to friend Joe who has ridden motorcycles from Mississippi to Alaska three times, and lots more pain-in-the-butt long rides. He advised that some other long range bikers told him to wear silk underwear instead of cotton, and he tried it and found that a great improvement. Then I passed the word on to Tony, who had just flown his Savannah 1600 miles from Denver to Washington DC and suffered pain-in-the-butt all the way. He couldn't find silk shorts so got some silky smooth polyester instead. Now he reports that the return flight, including two 6hr days, was much more comfortable, and he's sold on the idea. So silky undies are on my shopping list before I go on the next long flight.....

JG

• Caution 1

There appears to be some truth in the rumour. I'll leave it at that.

Also if you know where to look, the men's underwear that you seek is available in Australia. Not all of it is silk. I would hasten to add that silk and anything synthetic that is like silk (spandex contains polyurethane) will be more flammable than wool. Cotton is also a bit more flammable than wool but wool and cotton are much less likely to melt on your skin during an accident/crash/fire. I vaguely remember defence pilots being told not to wear anything other than cotton underwear for this very reason. The story goes the ladies got a bit concerned because as many already know, 100% cotton underwear for women is like rocking horse manure. Not to mention really ugly. Not sure if defence figured this out or they settled for bamboo.

I'd say wear whatever you want close to your skin (the dyes may be flammable too) but a cotton coverall/overall or at least a cotton shirt will give you a fighting chance.

Finally, I've seen what a lit cigarette can do to the crotch of a set of poly/cotton pants in 15 seconds. Nothing good.

• Informative 1

Spandex Lycra and Elastane are names for the same thing. Totally agree with the previous post in that as long as you aren't making a parachute but only using it for undies its good stuff.

JG. You must have been one of the 5 that stopped at Rodds Bay on the way North. That made it a busy day foe us here, sorry I was so busy I couldn't do more for you than put the billie on.

Ian Borg

JG. You must have been one of the 5 that stopped at Rodds Bay on the way North. That made it a busy day foe us here, sorry I was so busy I couldn't do more for you than put the billie on.Ian Borg

Yes that was us. You don't need to apologize, Ian. Your hospitality was just right, and much appreciated.

JG

Pantyhose is the answer. Years ago we had been in a stock camp, mustering every day for weeks, winter time, with bleak dry weather. One night , after a particularly hard day, a lot of galloping, a young bloke asked me if my legs were sore. I said yes they were a bit chaffed ,why. He pulled up the leg of his jeans and he had a blister , from the bottom of his calf to his knee. For people that have,t ridden horses , riding toey horses chasing toey cattle over rough country ,you have to ride fairly tight. Grip with your knees. If you happen to get sweat from your horse on your trouser legs , makes it worse ,feels like you are rubbing your legs on concrete . Well, somehow I sent a message back to my wife , asking to possibly send something up for him to put on his leg, when along with some tucker and fresh dogs, is a bag with a couple of packets of brand new pantyhose , and a note saying try these,turned up. I did keep my promise , not to tell anyone, but after 35 years , I think he would laugh about it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Pantyhose is the answer. Years ago we had been in a stock camp, mustering every day for weeks, winter time, with bleak dry weather. One night , after a particularly hard day, a lot of galloping, a young bloke asked me if my legs were sore. I said yes they were a bit chaffed ,why. He pulled up the leg of his jeans and he had a blister , from the bottom of his calf to his knee. For people that have,t ridden horses , riding toey horses chasing toey cattle over rough country ,you have to ride fairly tight. Grip with your knees. If you happen to get sweat from your horse on your trouser legs , makes it worse ,feels like you are rubbing your legs on concrete . Well, somehow I sent a message back to my wife , asking to possibly send something up for him to put on his leg, when along with some tucker and fresh dogs, is a bag with a couple of packets of brand new pantyhose , and a note saying try these,turned up. I did keep my promise , not to tell anyone, but after 35 years , I think he would laugh about it

Pantyhose are good in NQ too, when wading into box jellyfish infested waters.

Actually I want on a multi-day horse riding trip once. Recommend attire for all sexes included pantyhose. I thought they were joking, and as a result had much more leg and bum pain than others...

Actually I want on a multi-day horse riding trip once. Recommend attire for all sexes included pantyhose. I thought they were joking, and as a result had much more leg and bum pain than others...

You will have to change your Rec Flying name from sain to satin as punishment. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif