Recreational Pilot Licence: Lesson #5 Circuit Training (low level passes)

Thanks for all your encouragement guys regarding my last video I posted. Great community we have got here and the help and advice is very much appreciated.

Went up again this weekend and had a great lesson. Instructor thought I needed to get a better feel for the Jabiru so we did 6 or 7 low passes above the runway in pretty gusty crosswind conditions. The aim was to track straight down just above the runway - controlling drift with aileron and keeping the nose straight with rudder. I only did one landing in the end but it was a 12kt crosswind landing and it was my best landing to date .... go figure! Pretty stoked after today's lesson :)

For the student pilots out there working on circuits and landings, I felt this type of lesson really helped me out a lot! Any of you guys do this type of lesson during your training?

ABOUT ROMEO JULIET WHISKEY:

I'm a student pilot learning to fly in my spare time. I originally received 30 hours of flying instruction 17 years ago and now I'm back in the cockpit and learning how to fly all over again.

Currently flying out of Wollongong (YWOL), Australia in light sport aircraft such as the Jabiru and Pipestrel alpha with Fly Illawarra:

Fly Illawarra: Fly Illawarra

Recreation Aviation Australia: Home - RAA

Jabiru aircraft: Home - Jabiru Aircraft & Engines Australia

Pipistrel alpha: Pipistrel Aircraft USA | Sinus | Virus | Taurus | Apis | Virus SW | ALPHA Trainer | Taurus Electro | Panthera | LSA Motorgliders Gliders

currently in Circuits Training, 01st lot of circuits were touch & go's, 02nd lot of circuits were flyovers, however my first few flyovers were a little too much of the aircraft, actually me ending up with touch and go's rather than a fly over, that soon changed with a bit of practice, plus the proverbial clip around the ears from my instructor helped me focus, lol 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1