Class 2 Medicals

Guest adamneat

Guest adamneat

Hi All,

Anyone got any information on what a Class 2 medical entails for a SPL? I'm at the stage where I need to get mine sorted so I dont delay my first solo. I've heard mumblings that they're quite straight forward and pain free (literally). As someone who doesnt particularly like visits to the Doc I understand that that they come down to eye and hearing test, BP and a few other minor things - no blood or lipid (spelling?) tests?

Any points appreciated.

cheers

Adam

Yeah, no real drama's if you're fit and healthy. Eyes, ears and weight etc. Best if you are not diabetic and you don't take drugs. Quick pee test involved.

Eye test, hearing test (often they just talk to you), breathing (blowing in the tube thing), height, weight, urine test, blood pressure. They have a bit of a chat with you (to see if you are psychologically OK I think!) Some will do a bit of poking and prodding, most won't. You fill out a form to say if you've had any problems (if you say yes to anything you'll be questioned about it I believe). If it is your first medical I think you'll have to do a colour blind test. I think you can now fly if colour blind so I'm not sure if that is still done. The colour test is only ever done once, you don't do it at further medicals.