Apple IOS 9.3.2

I run two ipads, an old one as backup and a fairly new mini, both with Ozrunways.

I delayed installing the new IOS for a couple of weeks and then installed it in the old ipad yesterday. It now runs really slowly, whenever I press a button the screen goes blank for 10-15 seconds. I guess this is Apple trying to sell me a new ipad.

The slow old one says capacity 12.8GB available 2.2GB. I now don't know whether to install IOS 9.3.2 in the mini, which has capacity 26.5GB available 11.6GB. Any suggestions?

• Informative 1

Thanks FT. I reset the old ipad to factory new settings, gave it a new name and reloaded just the stuff I want, which is email, goggle earth and ozrunways. It is running very happily again. I will not let it near my computer in case it synchs all the rubbish that was on it before.

• Informative 1

I run OzRunways on the iPad Mini with the display and an old iPad. 9.3.2 works fine on both.

Good idea not to let your iPad get too much stuff on it. I like to leave a minimum of 5GB free and feel 10GB free is better. Not a lot of science in that.

I got caught out badly by, I think it was 8.3. It took Apple months to fix the problem which of course they denied was a problem until after they fixed it. Despite having two iphones and two iPads - I hate Apple. But for OzRunways, I'd never have gone there. Don't love any of the big boys for that matter. Don't mind Android and Samsung.

• Agree 2

It can be quite variable. My iPhone runs like a dog, yet iPad is lightning. Using "GeekBench score" they have pretty much the same processing power.

I'm an upgrader but for those who don't want the hassle unless there's some new feature you want, fine to ignore the updates. Don't fix what isn't broken!