Fly-in resorts, and accommodation.

JG3

I drew up this Google map to show airstrips within 1 km of pubs and food.

A few fly-in resorts and accommodation have sneaked in, but they're not really the same. There seems to be a demand for a map of such accommodation, and I know there are quite a few fliers travelling around these days who have found excellent places. Someone should start such a map, but I'm not interested cause I'm a dedicated camper and never use such accommodation. It's really easy with Google Maps, and once started, the list will build quickly from suggestions of those who have found suitable places.

Anyone interested in doing it???

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would happily do itThanks, Sean

Excellent, please do it! To start just pull those sort of resorts and accommodation from my map. Then put a request on here for suggestions that other flyers have found to be good value, and I reckon you'll get a flood of useful info. If you need any help to set it up just ask, not that I know very much about such work.

Seems to me there's a need for a separate list on this Rec Flying forum specifically aimed at sharing info for travelling around. I know so many real fliers who are headed off this year for the Centre and the Kimberleys and right around OZ. There's lots of experience out there that could be very useful for those planning such trips. It could have both maps right there handy, and an invitation for others to contribute what they've found. Sure would make much more interesting reading than political sniping and other such crap.....

• Agree 5

Sean,

To help get you started, I have taken JG3's list and separated out the ones listed as "fly in resort"

Fly in Accomodation

Some places to add:

Corynnia Station

Home - Corynnia Station

Lat South 34 degrees 12.87, Long East 145 degrees 33.09.

Eldee Station

Eldee Station | Silverton Accommodation| Farm Stays NSW | Outback Station Stay| Silverton NSW Outback Station | Silverton Caravan Park | Mundi Mundi Plains

31.40'10.00S, 141.15'34.75E

Marble Island

Not a resort as such but your own private island

http://www.marbleisland.com.au/

S21.58.8 E150.09.6

• Like 3

Thanks for the replys guys,Starting it now, Anything you want to add just pm me.

Thanks,

Sean

John Bridges sent me these:

· YFSA Forsayth. Airstrip for Cobbold Gorge. It is 40 kilometres away, but they will send a bus to pick you up. Accommodation is good, transfer costs $25 return pp. No fuel.

· An addition to YCHT Charters Towers. Marvin from the Park Motel will pick you up from the airport, lend you his ute and generally look after you rather well. Accommodation is inexpensive, meals are very good.

• Like 2

Hi, thank you very very much for taking on this task! This is awesome! in response to the request for what to add: For planning purposes, it would be very helpful to know whether there is car fuel, MoGas available. And how. Eg, a 5 min walk with a Jerry can? A bowser on the ala? 2 miles to town, but taxi service available? Etc.

Also, in line with JG3's preference: please include strips with camping potential. camp sites (official?/inofficial? facilities?) again, thank you all very much!!

• Like 1

Maybe Members that live near these strips could help out with a roster or phone number that could help out with fuel for other members that need fuel if to far from town. Sort of a list to call as well if stuck or pre arrange.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Kooralbyn resort is now open for aviators ,1.4 klm airstrip, walk to shops and resort (about2,and 4 mins) soon to have 98 mogas at the servo , coffee is great at cafe and if you eat/stay no landing fees

cheers Gareth

G

I drew up this Google map to show airstrips within 1 km of pubs and food. A few fly-in resorts and accommodation have sneaked in, but they're not really the same. There seems to be a demand for a map of such accommodation, and I know there are quite a few fliers travelling around these days who have found excellent places. Someone should start such a map, but I'm not interested cause I'm a dedicated camper and never use such accommodation. It's really easy with Google Maps, and once started, the list will build quickly from suggestions of those who have found suitable places.s

Anyone interested in doing it???

Landing strip available with hanger and accommodation next to national park

Capertee nsw

Camden Haven - between Port Macquarie and Taree, NSW - is a great place to stay (cabins and/or camping on site).

The airfield is owned and operated by a group of pilot friends (mostly ATPs) who fly their beloved RVs.

A very friendly mob.

Camden Haven Airfield, light aircraft grass strip, NSW mid north coast

IMG_2497.jpg.67970fdada30b2af9c4270af81ec86e6.jpg

P1050364.jpg.4ecefcfcaa9473a3031c9bfd842fc085.jpg

445333779_VH-VBN01.jpg.80dbe2391219093461ac15b85126bc75.jpg

P1050416.jpg.7c28c4879942bf0fc394e75a7b45113d.jpg

1664685451_P1050421adjps.jpg.2dabe6e5d2f5f2bfa2b4ffe53cc7aaab.jpg

P1050404.jpg.ba2e871b5a15bdbb54e7fc79ff8a08aa.jpg

P1050410.jpg.93c9199e78f070aa7d019e4ec579bd96.jpg

1390431719_Johnformationcu2adj.jpg.b037c339bafd8f8098bbb3f5ffebd100.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 2

• 5 months later...

'Buckley international' just south west of Geelong.

Adds in Sport Pilot indicates car supplied and high quality bed and breakfast.

It's a high quality home on grass airfield with a VW Bora car supplied for local travel.