Instrument Markings

Tucano - here's a good start.

AU: vintage gauge repairs - Google Search

I can vaguely recall from another forum, some crowd in Victoria doing a good vintage instrument reconditioning job - but their name escapes me right now. I'll need to contact associates to acquire their name.

I certainly cannot recommend Les Cooke Instrument Co in W.A. - they are as useless as a hip pocket on a vest.

I had a damaged pressure gauge from a Caterpillar hyd press that I wanted repaired, and they wouldn't even look at it!! It didn't even need any face markings repairs. They claimed they didn't have the equipment to re-crimp the brass bezel that holds the glass and seal in place.

In total disgust, I took it back to my shop and repaired it myself - and I must say, I produced a very worthy result, even though I don't have bezel crimping equipment, either!!

Aviation Parts and Equipment [APE] will organize it I just have to drop off the gauges next week

The guy he uses does all his instruments refurbs and markings - hard to reach just leave a message if not there

I will post a happy snap on return

clearprop.jpg.9f1d81a59b448c840f05ad6d58ef78f5.jpg many thanks Tucano,

Will take the altimeter out of the Hbird that the Great-grand-kids turned the qnh knob too far, to see if repairable

No rush as I'm not licensed.

spacesailor