aerochute 486 at Biggenden

Your radio was locked on transmit the whole flight today on 126.700 you need to get it looked at.It was either 486 or 406

Mark

Your radio was locked on transmit the whole flight today on 126.700 you need to get it looked at.It was either 486 or 406

Mark

Thanks for that Mark,it was driving me nuts yesterday,on my headset making crackling sounds even with the sqelch adjusted properly ,I found the culprit,it was a broken wire on my headset to intercom cable.I purchased a new headset today.

• Like 2

It was driving me nuts too hahahah the whole flight....I like the way you talk yourself through the flying too...verbalising is a good thing to maintain. BUt the engine noise is terrible was hard to hear the speech very well. I have a airband radio on at the farm when I am there incase anyone wants to fly in as I can talk to them as well.

Glad you got it fixed. I will have to fly over to Biggenden its not far from my place at Booyal

It was driving me nuts too hahahah the whole flight....I like the way you talk yourself through the flying too...verbalising is a good thing to maintain. BUt the engine noise is terrible was hard to hear the speech very well. I have a airband radio on at the farm when I am there incase anyone wants to fly in as I can talk to them as well.Glad you got it fixed. I will have to fly over to Biggenden its not far from my place at Booyal

My radio is a Icom-A15,the battery was on the low side,but not flat,but it was definatly the cable.I love the

Biggenden aifield,I fly there all the time,its never busy when i am over there,and its always maintained very well.These Telex headsets which i purchasd should be a lot better,as I heard some good reviews on them.Unfortunatly with Aerochutes

having the engine right behind you have to take your foot off the throttle when doing your radio calls.but hey i wouldnt swap my string pulling flying mattress for the world.

I am working on a new intercom/radio design that I will get Cosmick to trial in his aerochute...hopefully it will solve those engine noise issue a fair bit

That would be great,I am pretty sure they would sell pretty well.

Hi Mark, is your aim to reduce transmitted wind/engine noise or reduce the same noise feeding back into headset when transmitting. The last is my issue, find it a bit off putting and tend to try and talk over it (read: yell!). Other pilot say my transmissions are quite readable though.

Wayne.

I am finishing off laying out the pcb now. It has more than just the noise filtering it will be able to have bluetooth devices logged onto it like your phone etc also other types of radios although the board will be designed for it the main priority is actually to get the noise side of it sorted first. Should have a couple of prototypes up and running in a few weeks. I hope to get the pcb off to the manufacturer after next weekend.

• Like 4