2008 Flyins

Admin

Ian or Big Pete; can you please confirm the dates for the Echuca Fly-in2? For some reason I thought the Australia Day w/e in Jan. OK Pete I saw the big notice! Also do you have an agenda yet?

Regards, Decca.

Ok lets see........

1. Take Decca for a ride in my J160

2. Wear sunglasses when looking at Mick's Dover Skylark (he just polishes and polishes :big_grin::big_grin:)

3. Clear area for fire - NO guys it aint gonna happen!! (Fire Ban :ah_oh::ah_oh:)

4. Make sure fridge fully stocked with water, softdrink and BEER ;);)

5. Thaw out 6 dozen eggs......(see attempt 1) 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif

6. Poker run? - Spot Landings? - Bomb the Windsock? :):)

I guess its up to Ian to fill in more details as the event gets closer......

regards

Ok lets see........2. Wear sunglasses when looking at Mick's Dover Skylark (he just polishes and polishes :big_grin::big_grin:)

regards

Hi Pete,

Funny you should mention that, you will never guess what I spent yesterday doing:):):)

Weather up here has been just like Echuca Take 1 since Xmas, can't play with the Skylark in the air, so I just have to play in the hangar.

Looking forward to Echuca Take 2.

Cheers

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest palexxxx
Motz,I thought that was supposed to be at the weekend.;);)

Hi Keith,

No, not this weekend. It's on Feb. 23 and 24 at Echuca.

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We'd love a Fly-in here in Goulburn. The club is effectively a "young" club though. We've moved away from the 30-odd years of politics, tyre-deflating, threats etc. that took place when there were the 2 "competing" clubs here. The 2 guys primarily responsible are now too old basically to care and neither of their clubs have any members left. We haven't even seen one of them for almost 2 years!

The reason I say this is that while many members seem very keen the simple fact is that we don't really know where to start with hosting a fly-in. We have some hard workers willing to lend a hand but we'd need some "hands-on" guidance at the very least.

Even a few dozen aircraft would look sensational at once in Goulburn. And we're close enough to attract a fair contingent of aviators and interested folk from Canberra and Sydney.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Bushman

what about Out west

What about B.Hill west of the State a new local club on site accomodation big bon fire, no landing chargers, fuel available, central for the north and south and west

We also hold out flyin in march each year could be may next year due to heatwave

the Bushman:rotary::rotary::rotary::rotary:018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

OK - Who's going to the Wentworth Flyin 7th & 8th June 2008? :thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

I have to work on Sunday, 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif BUT

Saturdays lookin' pretty darn good! :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

regards