RAAus Online Learning - L1 Maintenance Authority

Roundsounds

Did the test, but I do wonder...... chill_out.gif.cee4903a35751abb602feb480645ccbb.gifchill_out.gif.9604428011f2c71d54412b47ba5eb54b.gif

By doing the course, I am seeking the approval to service, maintain and repair my 19 reg aircraft.

If successful, I get the authority to work on my aircraft, and my aircraft only. That's it in a nutshell.

Why then, are multiple questions asked on what a L1 can and can't do on a 24 reg aircraft and under what conditions.

If I were to consider the purchase of a 24 reg aircraft, then going down that track of the ability to service it would be a factor I would consider, then and only then, in the meantime I don't give a rats. 083_lost.gif.2c655b36c89d6cff882e0dc8f9fc5e85.gif

So the only thing of value coming from having this unwarranted knowledge, is the fact that I can identify when the owner of a 24 reg aircraft may be doing the wrong thing.

Now that I'm an enforcer, I was thinking of ways of using my power. (except I don't any) Maybe I should walk over to the owner and introduce myself and then extend an invitation by saying "Would you like to come over and put sugar in my fuel tank, before or after we have this conversation?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just did the exam in my lunch break.

Read nothing before hand. Had my knowledge of the regulations from my theory for the certificate itself.

My practical knowledge of aircraft maintainence being nonexistent I relied on common sense.

41 out of 50. A pass! Affirming that I shouldn't touch anything until an L2 shows me how.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Well that's fun.

I could not enrol into either the L1 or the weighing online and no explanation through the enrolment process.

Called the ofice and found that RAAus 'management' technique to not send me electronic comms under the constitution was to delete all email addresses from ALL RAAus systems ... result no ability to enrol in compulsory courses.

Hopefully fixed now as they have my email again on the RAAus system so maybe comms that are not under the Constitution will start to come to me again.

Nice blunt management

Well that's fun.I could not enrol into either the L1 or the weighing online and no explanation through the enrolment process.

Called the ofice and found that RAAus 'management' technique to not send me electronic comms under the constitution was to delete all email addresses from ALL RAAus systems ... result no ability to enrol in compulsory courses.

Hopefully fixed now as they have my email again on the RAAus system so maybe comms that are not under the Constitution will start to come to me again.

Nice blunt management

Hi

I did my w&b two nights ago. I had to enroll and get a password. My username was my membership number with the 0 first and I got a password from the web tech company. All good. Cheers Mike

Why then, are multiple questions asked on what a L1 can and can't do on a 24 reg aircraft and under what conditions.

So the only thing of value coming from having this unwarranted knowledge, is the fact that I can identify when the owner of a 24 reg aircraft may be doing the wrong thing.

An L1 can work on a 24 rego if it is not used for hire and reward, or flown in CTA. Prior to training any occurring in it, after it has been maintained by an L1, then an L2 must inspect it. To return it to the hire and reward fleet it would need a full L2 inspection.

791393850_MaintenanceAllowed.jpg.abe1f8a2fc6a4b58c9f5c6cef5608e91.jpg

Been over it too many times already. Talk to Monk, King & Banfield and read the tech manual. Only change (although the above mentioned say there is no change) is instrumentation ref 4.2.4-6 current manual and 10.4 new manual.

See if you can get some conformity from them, I have given up.

I have it in written form that nothing has changed.

Certainly no change other then instruments (RAD 47 has always been there)

Authority based on CAO 95.55.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So just spent some time this arvo doing the L1 online course and I'm left baffled.

Apparently I scored 46/50. Does that mean I pass? I assume so, but if that is true why doesn't it tell me that and why am I invited to attempt the test again...? I honestly don't understand the outcome of this test. Bizarre.

• Agree 1

So just spent some time this arvo doing the L1 online course and I'm left baffled.Apparently I scored 46/50. Does that mean I pass? I assume so, but if that is true why doesn't it tell me that and why am I invited to attempt the test again...? I honestly don't understand the outcome of this test. Bizarre.

They will get back to you.
  • Like 1

You would have had a not so big green tick show next to the number of questions you got right.... Bit of an anti climax I reckon. Would be nice to see a screen with 'Congratulations you passed' presented to you and maybe a link to print off a PDF certificate to make you feel like you achieved something !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They will get back to you.

One would hope so, But..........

I did my first attempt back in October and bombed out by one question.and was notified of a fail.

Later that evening, I did the second attempt, and with a new set of sensible questions, I blitzed it with only

one question wrong, and the hallowed Green Tick appeared, but no notifications. (But I took 2 Screen Shots of my achievement.)

After 2 weeks of nothing, I rang RAA just to ensure the second attempt was recorded, and I was assured it was.

Forward to Jan 2017 and I receive my membership renewal, and take a guess of what's not showing ??????

My passing of the Level 1 Maintainers Authority.

Armed with my screenshots, I can't wait for the office to open tomorrow.

You would have had a not so big green tick show next to the number of questions you got right.... Bit of an anti climax I reckon. Would be nice to see a screen with 'Congratulations you passed' presented to you and maybe a link to print off a PDF certificate to make you feel like you achieved something !

OK now you blokes have got me worried... I didn't notice a green tick next to my score. Would it be so difficult to throw up a screen at the end saying that the examinee had achieved the pass-mark and an indication of what is happen next?

I have done a few of these online training packages with my work and usually you get a definitive report of your outcome immediately. For example, something like a StJohns Ambo's course actually provides you with an automatic certificate. Not wanting to whinge, but given the expense RAA has gone to set up this training resource, would it have been so difficult to ensure a clearer outcome after the individual has invested an hour or two in going through it?

Other than that grumble, I actually found the course quite informative and now know how many turns to put on an inch of lockwire

Cheers

Alan

Actually, I'm not absolutely certain on the lockwire... After consulting the specified sources I put it at 6-8, but might have got that question wrong. No way of knowing with the feedback you receive...

I sat the test, just passed, recieved a, little confusing screen, saying the mark I achieved, at least one email saying I'd passed, a further email confirming this. Checked my profile online and was there.

Also was able to see questions I had got wrong somewhere.

Honestly I thought it was well done and not easy by any means. At the least it shows those looking to maintain its a serious thing and the info is out there

• Like 1
  • Agree 2