Interesting new engine

Deskpilot

He is the Chairman and Director of the company and stands to make a lot of money from the engine when it is released and any pre-release promotion of the engine is regarded as commercial. However, as it was of interest to all as things like this are they should be open to discuss here in the forums so I naturally let it go simply because it was interesting information. He then started cross posting around the forums so it went from "good" posting information to promotion. In order to just contain the situation and continue the information flow in proper manner for the forums I sent him a PM simply saying that this was not allowed and asked him to be careful. I then received a PM back from him that was not very nice. Instead of him just simply replying with a sorry Ian I won't cross post any more it was the exact opposite. It blew up from there and so if that is his attitude in the way he treats people then I don't want him here. I will definitely not ever consider buying his engine from him when it is released as I would hope that I would be dealing with someone that didn't act that way especially when it comes to support. he is hiding behind the fact that the engine is in development yet he owns or runs the company who will get all the proceeds.

A gentlemanly response would have been met with a thankyou by me and the matter forgotten! - if a public apology was given and a promise to stick by the rules of the forums it would be reconsidered

Post Note - many others have come back with a decent reply - that will always get me on the right side!

Post Post Note - The PM system should be used for any further comments regarding this

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, I'm a bit confused but having received a copy of all emails, I feel that both you and Brad got a bit hot under the collar. I am caught in between and would like to see this resolved. I am in contact with Paul at revetec, where as you have been in contact with Brad. Surely between us all, a suitable compromise can be reached. After all said and done, if the MM is a success, then you stand to make a profit also. To exclude the revetec engine from being a possible power plant, would seem to be cutting off your nose to spite your face, particularly as it 'seems' to be on a path to success.

I have passed your memo '- if a public apology was given and a promise to stick by the rules of the forums it would be reconsidered' to Paul and await a reply.

Doug you are not caught in-between unless you have a commercial interest in this engine - please use the PM system for these types of posts

Use the forums but don't abuse them and that goes to me as well, use me for the forums but don't abuse me.

If I wasn't to make a small % on the master and i have already said that that % is extremely small compared to every other aircraft sales then I wouldn't bring them in nor world I have the money to put food on the table causing me to go off to work Mon-Fri and I would then decide to no longer get home from work and then spend my nights managing the forums so I would just close them up and not spend any money on them, the money that i am making from the master and clear prop. I spend money I make from these activities in providing something for you and others completely FREE - who else does that???

Ian, let me assure you and all other forum members that I don't have any commercial interest in this engine or any other product mentioned on these forums. I should be so lucky.

I started this thread as I thought the topic would be of interest to all members.

As for abusing you, I would have thought my previous posts concerning you would negate that comment. I hold you in great esteem and thank you for your efforts with with site.

I will leave the matter to be resolved between Brad and yourself.